Flu CDC: 8 Confirmed Cases of Swine Flu in U.S.

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by E.L., Apr 24, 2009.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I was thinking along the same lines. I think this is much ado about nothing, for now. Wait until the hyoerventilating blows over and then stock up supplies.
    The 1918 outbreak was relatively mild in the spring, disappeared during the summer, then came back with a deadly vengance in the fall.
    If this turns out to be a seriously deadly outbreak the odds are that it will be in the fall and winter.

2. mrrk1562

mrrk1562 Monkey+++

i started to get sick a few weeks ago ..but as i was distilling pure water at the time ..i made sure to take a few good swigs of it .. i had the sore throat going on with an ear infection starting to take place ..that lasted only for a few hours .. pure grain water when used right will kill it ..just make sure there aint no fuz oil in it ..that and a lot of grapefruit juise ..or lime ..a lot more vit c in them then orange juise..and a buddy went ramp hunting and gave me all i wanted .. and some musenex worked real good .. i also took the time to can some some deer meat ..my friend has free gas and the pressure canners and hes my uncle jesse

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My sister is a long-time Pathology Lab Tech for one of our big hospitals - she's a microbiologist. So, she'll be on the front lines of the outbreak, when it occurs.
    I e-mailed her about some info on the Swine Flu. She says the state of Florida is currently treating ANYONE showing flu symptoms as having 'swine flu' until proven otherwise. They are also no longer tracking how many cases, only deaths.
    Being a healthcare worker, she'll be one of the first "guinea pigs" for the new vaccine, I guess.
    She's also on their 'rapid response team' - so if anything bad goes down - little sister is toast. [shtf]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7