1. We've made all our Resources available to guests - would you consider a donation to support us?
    Please don't hotlink directly to these files, share the url from this page's address bar.

Handbooks Guides & How-Tos CERT - Train the Trainer and Instructor Guide 2017-12-29

CERT

Tags:
  1. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Zimmy, snake6264 and chelloveck like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I took CERT training and so have a few other monkeys. Plus one of our monkeys is a CERT Instructor. It is a good class and free. I learned a lot about me as a person from my CERT course. Good resource.

Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  3. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

I enjoyed the classes - made some new, and quite valuable acquaintances in the local LEO/EMS community. I also occasionally instruct Units 1 & 2.
    Edit:
    Your statement re learning about yourself through classes such as these is significant. I took this class, and others, EMT currently, as a life "refresher class" of sorts, even though I am employed full time in the tech world. In my long departed youth I was very active in a wide variety of subjects, HAM, EMT, water safety, and others. Followed up by a five year tour in the USCG which amplified and extended a lot of existing skills. But: until you use them, and are confronted with some of life's brutalities, you are not prepared. The classes are a cliff-note version of the novel.
    The CERT instructors allowed those who displayed interest, to attend "messy" event cleanups. Major auto accidents, flood clean up, (we've had several in the area recently), a small plane crash. I watched an obviously dedicated participant spew her breakfast upon finding a lower leg and foot at that plane wreck. But that would be precisely the sort of task required should CERT members be called out to sweep an airline crash, or any other major event. I myself learned to face myself in my CG days with similar events.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Browsing through the documentation, the 'train the trainer' guide seems good value. Thank you for uploading it to the site's resources.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Lancer in my area we have had a record number of people sign up for CERT. They had to make two classes because interest is high. Not sure why but I was asked to help so this manual will be really helpful as I get prepared to help with training.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7