1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Cheap, but good?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Castiel, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

The first knife on the page, the Classic 1 Carbon Blade is the one I'm looking at. Its $15 bucks (which for now is in my budget sadly, gotta pay lots of my money to school). As cheap as it is, I was wondering if it is good, not just for the money but in general. I'm sure its not the greatest, but its all I can afford right now. It will also be my first knife (aside from swiss army knives and a multi tool for fishing).

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

PM sent
  4. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Yes, that is a good knife. That is the first Mora I bought. I still have it. Had no issues. Sharp as hell. Edge wears well.
  5. Jeckyl

Jeckyl Monkey+

I've never heard any negative comments on any of those knives. Hope this helps.
  6. azranger

azranger Monkey+

+100 The Mora's are good knives. I personally like the 911 model one the best. The handle is way comfortable. I have more than I would like to admit :rolleyes:
  7. CrufflerJJ

CrufflerJJ Monkey+

I like Mora/Frost Swedish knives. A lot. Very basic, very functional. Good steel, whether you're talking carbon steel or stainless. Snicker-snack sharp, right out of the package.

I've bought from Ragnar ( Ragnar's Swedish Knife Catalog ) several times, and have consistently been impressed by his low prices and FAST (& cheap) shipping.

HIGHLY recommended, no games, good products at a fair price.

Ragnar's website is noticeably less expensive than swedishknives.com.....the Model 1 is $10, rather than $15.50. the Model 601 is $13, rather than $17.25.

NOTE that Ragnar is on vacation until 8/15.
  1. itsmedave
  2. H.I.S Survival

Mora knives

You've never seen a review like this guaranteed [MEDIA]
    Thread by: H.I.S Survival, Jul 16, 2016, 13 replies, in forum: Blades
  3. phorisc
  4. Maximus Stomholde
  5. Thaddius Bickerton
  6. Brokor
  7. SilentDave
  8. zulu54
  9. homeshow