Cheap easy greenhouse

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Thunder5Ranch, Feb 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

A good video the guy has two more that lead up to this one.

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Or old dog / tether screws is what I get at yard sales

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

My take on greenhouses is try something to extend your season and protect your garden. Don't spend 10 years thinking about it and 25,000 for the perfect solution. Cattle panels work, get a hoop bender and tubing works, use pvc tubing works, hoop houses from a green house company works, get what you can afford and get started. If only a few more weeks of garden due to earlier start and beating the first frost. Keep your eyes open as you drive around and watch the lists. I have re purposed several of the fabric covered car ports that were thrown away after about 3 - 4 years when the fabric failed and covered them with plastic re purposed from the green house. Work well for plants or temp work spaces. I know of several small green houses that were given away when the property was sold and the new owners had no interest in them. You should be warned however that green houses are addictive and that once you start it is hard to quit. In most cases the owners, as shown by the answers in the forum, are very supportive and they will try to help the newbe.

Tully Mars likes this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

They are addictive indeed. And if a 30x96 is good........ well a 42x240 must be better right :)

duane likes this.
  1. natshare
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. TnAndy
  4. runswithdogs
  5. Oltymer
  6. kateTV
  7. duane
  8. greathomesteader
  9. Motomom34
  10. chelloveck
  11. Gopherman