cheaper than dirt. ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monkeyman, Feb 7, 2014.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I was just wanting to find out if anyone has bought guns from cheaper than dirt and if so how they were? I've dealt with them for general merchandise and they did pretty well but didn't know on guns. They have the gun I want for a bit over $200 less than my lgs with free shipping and since out of state I'm pretty sure no sales tax. I like to support local gun shops but a couple hundred bucks is a Chuck of change to me. Thanks for any reviews.

2. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

I've never bought a gun for myself from CTD, but I've been the transfer dealer for a decent number of guns purchased from them.

As far as the guns themselves, I've heard only good reviews, never anything bad.

As a business, CTD angered a lot of customers in December 2012 when they tripled the price on everything to make a quick buck on the panic buying that followed the Newton shootings. That aside, the service has been great from my point of view. They package things tight and they ship fast, the paperwork is clear and easy to read (which makes life a lot easier for your transfer dealer), and the one time I had to call customer service on behalf of a customer, they were quite helpful.

3. monkeyman

Cool thanks. Good news actually as didn't figure would move much but the owner at lgs agreed to basicly match the price and order me one even though the one on the shelf sold.

eta; my ar should be in by Friday all but tax already paid. And was able to support a local guy who's good at keeping loading stuff on the shelves.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I used to buy a lot from Cheaper than dirt but they lost my business forever by selling .22 rimfire ammo at stupid high scalping prices.

5. monkeyman

Yeah I don't totally boycott them but they moved from first stop a ways down the list for me also. If want to save me a load of money though..... Of coarse I kind of missed out on the scalping and such just because had a lot more extra ammo than money so didn't chase anything other than a few loading components. Having not bought 22 for a decade or so (stocked up well some time back) if I didn't shop anyplace that I figured was insane on prices now I couldn't shop at all. Lol

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7