Check out the cool markings on the kitten

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishop, May 17, 2018.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I vote for "Pepe Le Pew" (Pepe for short)…but I also like 'Stinker'...

So, what is it, a skunk or cat?

@Ura-Ki "...just don't adopt one and then adopt a Fox, that's a disaster waiting to happen, trust me!"
    Story time, please! This sounds hilarious! Did you get them both as babies?

Tully Mars, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Skunk and Fox are just like little dogs, they get along great and are great buddies, until you forget to proof the farm house against small critters capable of mischief. The small size belays the ferocity of mischief they are capable of. Now add in a normal dog or two, and the poor doggy gets all the blame for every thing. Think of it like big dog, little dog attitude and every thing that goes with it! These two are always plotting things and the poor dog gets caught in the middle!
    We even had a black bear cub once, that didn't end well for any one. The bear was a great big baby for far longer then the other two and got picked on, until he got bigger, then he got attitude and would thrash the place digging out the other two who had taunted him, then burried them selves some place like under the couch or low table or bed! I thought grand mom was going to take the shot gun to all the critters one time, dogs included!
    Moral of the story, only allow ONE at a time, train them as best you can, and don't leave them access to the farmhouse while your out and about! For bears, do not even let them in the house, keep them in a dog run with a very tall fence they cannot climb or dig under!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

When my baby brother was about 2, we got the first Skunk, she was the cutest little thing and was very shy, always running and hiding, but she was a curious little thing who would come and invistagate any thing you were doing, then dart off and hide as soon as you "Noticed" her. At noon every day, my brother had his assigned nap time, and like clock work, about 10 minutes after he went to sleep, the skunk would sneak into the kids room, up on the bed, and lay down on the pillow close to my brother and take her nap same as him! About an hour or so later, you would hear him laughing and carrying on, apprently the Skunk decided how long his nap would be and would wake him up at the appropriate time! She would bring him a sock or some other item and "Help" him get going.
    Out Silver was almost the same, but he liked me instead. Every morning I woke up with the fox on one side of my bed, and a 190 pound Neufy spralled out all over the end! As soon as it was time to get up, I got a wet nose in the face from one of them, and then it was play time, and the longer you tried to pretend to still be asleep, the more playful it got, usually the fox would dig under the covers, and the Neuf would grab the blankets and pull them off the bed, then lay in the pile and growl at me until I got out of bed! Those two were my shadow, they would follow me under hand every where I went! Breakfast found the big fella under my right elbo, and the little guy in my lap waiting for "Fall Out" and would help me get finished, cleaning my shirt of any thing that missed my face, usually because of a nudge from the big fella! Lol
    Critters is fun to have around, keeps ya laughing constantly, and generally makes for a happy place to be! Make sure you keep any Raptors in a large cage while the fury critters are out and about, once they go out side, then let the flyers out! Owls make great watch dogs BTW! Hawks, not so much, they are greedy buggers, always trying to steal from every one, even stuff they shouldn't have! And small critters might end up dinner under the couch! Bonus, we never had mice or rats!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    3M-TA3, arleigh, Alf60 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

They are Nocturnal !!!!!!!!!
    They will open all cupboard's at night , constant noise , BANG,BANG times X 1000 , till the next , they have hands like coons ..
    Think WISE .
    Yes I lived with a secret & flower , they were a pair of skunks & the harness to leash them is futile, they are points & once they back up its off .
    2 Skunks can kill a full mean German Shepherd
    S

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Ms first IS a VET
    She had these two , when she bed me .
    S

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Much as I love animals, I've learned not to get emotionally attached .
    When I was a kid I partially tamed a few grey squirrels that would feed out of my hand and climb up my levis to retrieve peanuts . One actually let me pet her forehead . These were already adult animals ,I didn't raise them .
    Now days I have flock of chickens to take care of and being in wine country lots of rabbits . The rabbits run free and are feed for the hawks and othr preditors in the vicinity . They know they are safe so long as they stay close to the house , I am no threat to them. in fact I had a rabbit that let me pick her up with no struggle at all . I could not find any thing wrong with her but fed her and let her go again . Little ones run around me all the time I'm out side working except when I'm doing weed abatement. It's not unusual that they run in front of me while I'm driving in like some test of bravery ,I try to be careful about that.
    I know the coyotes and bob cats and hawks will feed on them ,it's just a fact of life.
    I was given a kitten that had been found in an abandoned car that had distemper and not expected to survive ,I took it home and gave it colloidal silver to drink and put some in her eyes , she recovered with in a day or so . She was feisty being a bit wild but grateful it seems, and I had her a few weeks till she hopped out the window at night and a I suppose an owl got her .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7