Checking in from outside of Phoenix

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by memyselfandmiah, Jan 6, 2009.

1. memyselfandmiah

memyselfandmiah Monkey++

Good morning, folks. I registered to these forums here recently and have never gotten around to do in introduction post. So here we go:

I currently live right outside of Phoenix, in a little ol town called Mesa. It gets hot here, as expected, but it gets pretty chilly as well ( it is currently almost freezing around 50 F. brrrrr)

Regardless, my mother and step-dad have been prepping for a long time, but their Christmas presents this year really served to open my and my wifes eyes. They got us "get home" bags. Just enough to survive for a day or two at limited to fair activity. and get back home.

Prior to this I have had a passive interest in prepping, but have not really taken any steps, so I still have that absolute NEWB smell emanating off of me, please excuse it.

I am a prior service Marine, but my MOS did not allow much field work (which is a good thing), putting bombs on airplanes should not be a field exercise :p.

Currently I am in tech support, working for Ma Bells new product, U-verse.

The wife and I are taking baby steps to being prepared, and this seems like a great place to start.

So here am I, thanks to the providers of this board for the space and bandwidth to use it.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome. Pull up a stump, get out your lamp and start reading. Some pretty good info here, and it sounds like your folks might have some good guidance. Get them to join, too.

3. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Welcome to the Monkey

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome to the Board!

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Welcome,

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7