Cheney says Hillary Clinton could win White House

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney said on Tuesday he thought Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton could win the White House in 2008 and that a potential Democratic opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, was too inexperienced.

Clinton, a New York Democrat who is running for re-election, is considered a likely contender for the White House in 2008. Obama, serving his first term as a U.S. senator from Illinois, has been touted recently as a possible candidate, something he said he would consider.

"I think Hillary Clinton is a formidable candidate, "Cheney said in an interview with Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" due to air on Tuesday evening.

"I think she could win. I hope she doesn't. I disagree with her on nearly all the issues, but nobody should underestimate her. She's a very serious candidate for president."

Cheney reiterated that he had no intention of running for president. "I'm not coy about it. I made my decision a long time ago, and it's firm, final, fixed, irrevocable."

He said though Obama was an attractive candidate, "I think at this stage, my initial take on him was he's been two years as a senator. I think people might want a little more experience than that, given the nature of the times we live in."

In Sarasota, Florida where he was stumping for Republicans, President George W. Bush said Democrats appeared to be anticipating big victories in the November 7 congressional election when they will try to win control from Republicans of both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

"The Democrats have made a lot of predictions," Bush said. "As a matter of fact I think they may be measuring the drapes. If their electoral predictions are as reliable as their economic predictions, November 7 is going to be a good day for the Republicans."

Bush spoke at a campaign event that raised $375,000 for Republican businessman Vern Buchanan's attempt to win the House seat being vacated by Katharine Harris, who played a role in Bush's 2000 victory in Florida. Harris is now in an uphill battle for a Senate seat.
    )

2. Electric-Amish

Electric-Amish Monkey+++

Hillary Clinton will be the easiest defeat the Republicans could hope for. I wondered why she was getting so much press as she is so unworthy. Then it dawned on me the Republicans want her to run so they can beat the snot out of her.

Electric-Amish

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

;) :D

4. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Now that's the idea, I just hope the rest of the country sees it that way;) :D Even my wife says that this country is not ready for a woman president, especially her.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7