Cherry bark tinder box.

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by sticks65, May 30, 2010.

1. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

I made this tinder box from cherry bark and birch wood,I used pine resin as the glue and hawthorn thorns to secure the bottom.

I lined the inside with leather.

The handle to pull it open is plaited jute twine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

I also carved this fork en spoon while i was on a roll.

[​IMG]

3. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

great stuff sticks,I always enjoy seeing your craftsmanship

4. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

Great stuff, thanks for posting.

5. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Very nice Stick. Unfortunately, I've been too overwhelmed with everyday life to do anything fun. I might take the oldest daughter for a walk today and name some trees and birds (it's about all I have time for). As soon as I get a new vehicle purchased and drive my butt to AZ, I will have more time to spend outdoors. I know a place right now that would be great to spend the night this time of year. Spend the heat of the day in the shade carving.... ahhhhh.

I wish I had the pics of the spoons and bowls I was teaching my buds to make in the desert. Using the blown-coal method. Very efficient method if you don't have a crooked knife.

6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Now that's just cool!... was just thinking of making a container out of bamboo...
    Nice work...!

7. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

Ive only used the blow-coal method once but have to say Ive seen some great results from this method.

One guy made a big bowl and used hot rocks in it to boil and purify water.

8. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

No bamboo here but I haved used bamboo and know it works really well,its a natural container.

I made a cooking pot once using bamboo.

9. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Sticks, that is truly creative and artful use of the materials at hand. This current posting is a continuation of your terrific work. Thanks!
    GB

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7