CheyTac Long Range Rifle System

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RightHand, Feb 24, 2006.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I had a long conversation tonight with one of the honchos from CheyTac - he has a Sadlak Steel Scope Mount on order. Anyway, he's coming down to our shop so I've been doing a little research. Pretty cool
    [​IMG]
    CheyTac Intervention .408 caliber M100 sniper rifle

CheyTac

Anyone have any input - Its a crash course for me so anything you know will be appreciated

2. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It all looks very interesting. I would like to see the numbers on the round:)

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Wow. That looks interesting...
    He need a Beta Tester?

I'd write a full review [winkthumb]

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

"CheyTac papers state that the entire System is capable to deliver sub-MOA accuracy at the ranges of up to 2500 yards (2270 meters)."

Modern Firearms[​IMG]

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Incredible!

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

In crude numbers, that is plus or minus a foot off point of aim at max sub MOA range. Sure does reach out, tho'. I do believe I'd give one a home. Any varmint elephants roaming around?

7. RightHand

MilitaryCity.com Has some interesting testing and video.

My new motto "The bigger the better" - no snide remarks needed LOL

8. ghrit

None said, but you can't censor thoughts -- :lol:

9. RightHand

2 Dobermans, a 6.6 litre 78 TransAm, a love of big guns - think I might have some power issues [LMAO]

10. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Get some pictures! By the way, it's not the size of your doberman that counts, it's how you pet him!

11. ghrit

It's not the amount of power, it's how you use it ----

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It wouldn't stand a chance against Meyah and a .22 .

[raspberry] [no]

:lol: [LMAO]

13. RightHand

Hey meyah - here kitty kitty kitty

14. ghrit

:lol: C'mon out, kitty. My 22 will beat your 22 --

15. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No Ghrit, didn't you learn anything with Me-a Wannabe? You have to say something like this: C'mon out, kitty, my 12 guage will beat your silenced AR-15 with a .22 sub cal device --

16. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Wannabe's .22 will do that. [troll]

17. RightHand

Thats a given Ghostrider. What would I use the CheyTac for when my old .22 can be used to defend the world against any threat that might arise [touchdown]

18. ghrit

Sorry, meant 22-250. Or was it 223 --? Shit, I :dunno: memory getting shorter. Maybe I was thinking 52 black powder musket. Or 50 AE? So long ago -- :oops:

19. RightHand

Anthony Taylor of CheyTac came down today and spent about 4 hours with Mike and I at the shop. A really intereting guy with a lot of good information and advice. He was impressed enough with us and the shop that he asked us to quote on some work. Tony said he'd send me an assortment of their cartridges and, he's coming back later in the spring with some toys so he, Mike and I can head for the high power range about a half hour away. Should be lots of fun. I promise to bring the camera.

All the hard work we have put into this business in the past few years is atarting to pay off - now we're working with the big boys. Interesting times ahead.

20. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool deal. [winkthumb]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7