Chiappa Firearms fan? May want to think twice . .

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Opinionated, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah. OK, I see that. Well, if nothing else, the US distributorship might be up for grabs. (I really do NOT see why the end user should have to do the removal, even tho' the gun is within inventory control from birth to delivery. If chips become a common thing, I would hope the Owner's manual features a "how to" for the buyer.)

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

MKS DIstributing..... I believe they handle the High-Point guns? Wonder if H-P's will end up 'chipped'?

Heck, once you get the chip out of the gun, take both to the range, and the chip goes up on the target board. Only the gun comes back......

3. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  4. freedom first

freedom first Monkey+

5. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I was able to dissassemble a Chiappa Arms 1911 type .22lr pistol this weekend. It is marked Puma Arms, and then marked on the frame: Made By Chiappa Arms. I did not find any RFID chips.

Although, don't relax yet, the pastol was actually used (didn't look like it- it looked brand new) and about two years old. Newer Chiappa Arms pistols may well have them.

6. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

They are a Hi-Point Distributor. However, they are an American company building guns in America, and thus not subject to the Italian RFID regulation.

Also, MKS has no say in whether the guns are chipped or not, the manufacturer/regulators do.

7. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7