Chick-fil-a: Still Fighting The Battle Against Libtards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Aug 2, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012...amtrak-releases-ads-targeted-for-gay-couples/

Why can't you just "ride" like any other passenger. Why do you have to bring ghey-ness into it? Why does your liberal-ness need to be overt these days? Do ghey people really need help in finding ghey-friendly places to go?? The gheyz I know are really connected--it's like they're tied into to some ghey-grid: they already know what's ghey-friendly.

This is just a ghey person working in the .gov who had an idea and their boss let them run with it....there is no ramifications if it backfires or makes no money. That's how the .gov rolls.

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. - Thomas Sowell

2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Yeah, Amtrak's ad seems a bit odd, and without great purpose; however, the gay community is a significant segment of the traveling public with a greater level of disposable income than the average couple with one and a half kids. Gay people, up to now, haven't had to pay for those expensive weddings, and even more expensive divorces. Most of them don't have children to eat up their paychecks. They can afford to drop a great deal of money on traveling and vacations.

I agree that it is annoying to see ads catering to this one minority group, but I also remember the flood of black sitcoms in the seventies, and remember thinking, "Why can't we just see a sitcom? Why does it have to be a "black" sitcom? Are there no white people in the lives of these black families - the Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, etc?" The few white people who did show up in the episodes of these shows were usually buffoon type characters, or those in a menial position like a doorman.

And one day, it dawned on me that what I was fuming about was exactly what the black population of America had been fuming about for years - Hollywood had written them out of American life, or relegated them to menial positions or buffoon characters when a black face did appear in a movie or television show. I realized that the white community was getting a dose of their own medicine, and it didn't taste so good. Once I had this epiphany, I began to notice how white were all of the shows I had grown up on - the old fifties and sixties sitcoms and action-adventure dramas. If a black person did appear in one, it was as a maid, or a gardener, or as a laughable buffoon. Almost the lone exception was the original Star Trek, which featured Uhura as an equal, at least as an equal female officer (they still had some work to do on their male-female positions in society, though the mini-skirts were nice).

Anyway, these ads, and the Chick-fil-A reations, are backlashes. You can't have a backlash, unless you have pressure in the opposite direction. The pressure has always been there, but when you are part of the society applying the pressure, you can't see it. When you do open yourself up enough to see the unfairness of that pressure, you see it all around you and wonder, "how did I not see this before?"

We can now look back at "Father Knows Best" and "I Love Lucy" and "Green Acres" and "Leave it to Beaver" and the "Honeymooners" and "My Three Sons" and a hundred other television shows, and thousands of advertisements, and admit that, while they were entertaining shows, they weren't reality, and they were doing a disservice to the women of this nation, and the black and Hispanic populations of this nation, by writing them either out of existence or into menial or subservient roles. I don't know about the rest of you, by my mom never pranced about in high heels and taffeta dresses with a feather duster making sure everything was just perfect for her man, the ruler of the house, to make his triumphant arrival home from work. Nor would she sit wide-eyed, hands in lap, as he lambasted her for being such a silly woman who had fallen into yet another misadventure. "Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do!"

I still love old black and white movies, and some of the old sitcoms, but I can now see the bias that pervaded all of them; and I can understand the backlash in Hollywood that produced all of the black sitcoms, and the strong female role models that we saw in the seventies. We can now, even look back and laugh at some of them. They went so far in the opposite direction that they became a parody unto themselves.

We are now going to have to suffer through the gay backlash. Whether some of the American population want to admit it or not, gays (even while being strongly represented in Hollywood circles) have been ignored and shunned within our society, and underrepresented in television and advertising. You may not like gays, you may disagree that homosexuality is a biological fact, rather than a "lifestyle choice" to be condemned on religious/moral grounds; but the fact is that they exist within our society and have been pressured to stay in the closet for centuries now. That much pressure is going to result in an equal amount of pressure when released, as it is expressing itself now.

One day, decades from now, the gay controversy will be looked upon very much as the black civil rights controversy is looked upon now. We will wonder why there ever was such a controversy, and why there needed to be one. Times are a-changing, like it or not.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Perhaps AmTrak aspires to be the next bathhouse...or interstate rest stop...(aka gay hookup meat market)

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

You know it's funny, it's VERY rare for me to watch any TV show, past or present, and not see any kind of bias/propaganda. Movies do too, but not as much as TV. What annoys me is that Hollywood tries to use them to shove their views on the rest of us(mainly irresponsibility). Plus if just one of the characters used common sense, it would only last 5 minutes. And as for 'minorities'(I could do a whole thread on that term and what I think about it), I'd rather have a show without them rather than have a show with 'token' characters. To me that's worse than having none at all.

5. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Local news showed long lines at Chick-fil-a's drive in window and national news showed a Gay kiss in.

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

LBGT couples have more disposable income as they typically have no children and spend more money on themselves for entertainment, food, clothes, upgraded accommodations/housing.

Any corporation would be foolish not to go after their $$$.

It's all about the Benjamins folks.

tulianr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7