Chicks in combat? What's next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I believe what she meant by that was: If a woman is gonna do a job that has been traditionally done by a man.......

Thought I'd clear that up but you probably knew that already.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I knew what Tracy meant and Tracy knew what Tracyb meant but I wasn't sure that everyone else did. Tracy and I think alike so we can use shorthand

Tracy likes this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just an observation

Tracy likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I think it means she gave up on shaving....o_O

HK_User and BTPost like this.
  5. ColtCarbine

Was this comment directed about Tracy giving up on shaving?

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

RightHand post #39;)

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Chill Colt, I believe posts 39, 40, 43, and 44 had nothing to do with Tracy. I don't believe anyone here is that nuts. I believe RH might have been hinting HK was acting like a silverback gorilla

Tracy likes this.
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

So ummmmm welllllllll

OK your in combat walking through a jungle or even a blown up city. Well your gonna sort of have to in reality PEE, it willl happen. So a Man can whip it out piss while fighting, will that get him sued for sexual harrassment??? And Women in reality also have to PEE, so she squats down, do the men stop to protect her, or do they stop to lOOk, or does she become a easy target for the enemy.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

-epic-fail-1326732662.

lol (just kidding)

10. RightHand

Neanderthal_2D_src.

tacmotusn likes this.
  11. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

To paraphrase one of Clint Eastwood's old sayings, "A woman's (man's) gotta know her (his) limitations."

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The same is EXACTLT TRUE, for ALL Humans, no matter which sex they might be..... However only the Smart Ones remember those "Limitations" in the time of stress.....

Tracy and chelloveck like this.
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The day a woman wins "Top Shot", I will fully jump on the bandwagon. Until then, I will just remain neutral.

14. RightHand

Not Top Shot but check out Amanda Elsenboss, one of our CT Junior High Power competitors. she and her team beat the Marine team at Camp Perry a couple of years ago and she continues to outshoot her male competitors.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see this little 5'2" blonde
    USMC « Daily Bulletin

15. RightHand

16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Hey if i get a pink ar like that maybe no one will want to ban it becuase i mean come on who can be afraid of a pink rifle?

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I don't care about how well they can shoot- reality is there are so many components to a combat arms unit that don't fit a woman in the ranks. I think it is going to be really tough for the men in an infantry unit to accept women- and that creates issues and combat effectiveness. It is all about the mission and nothing to do with the individuals needs... and that is the beginning of the rub most times.
    I don't care how much PC training you throw at them boy's- there is going to be problems. It was bad enough having the E-club across the road from our barracks to keep the boys under control during DRF - imagine what they will try with girls in the house. Glad my time is done and I don't have to deal with the chaos/ issues that will come.
    And before any one says that they will be professional and follow orders and be fine with women serving in these type of units- join the infantry and try to tell me on a weekend that they will be good boys..... I pity the girls that have to put up with it, but stuff will happen and it is a bad idea!!! If my daughter said she was going combat arms we would be having a long conversation on why she should not. Can not see any benefit other than to put feet in boots for the military on this action. To much to due with politics and nothing to due with unit readiness. Just a 18th Airborne troopers opinion.

HK_User and Capt. Tyree like this.
  18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Chicks in combat? What next?

In my lifetime, Women have come to occupy a number of formerly "men only" combat roles...indeed the number of "men only" roles have shrunk to virtually nothing.

However, female Catholic padres in foxholes???

Not in my lifetime.

Evidently fighting Satan on the battlefield in a stole is far too dangerous for women.

Edit: Apparently the 101st Airborne have a female padre...but she is a protestant evangelical...she and Cpl Klinger can fight over the stole!

19. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Right, because men on maneuvers never have to cop a squat.

I'm pretty sure soldiers in actual fighting don't run along shooting with one hand and waggling their willies with the other either. I could be wrong! But betting they hold it. Except for these unfortunate fellows, who apparently had digestive disagreements with their dinners. I came across a rather amusing collection of German soldiers during WW2 who found themselves with their pants around their ankles at the most inopportune times.
    rifle.JPG train.JPG railway truck.JPG

20. ColtCarbine

I was just looking for clarification on post #44 and knew 39, 40 and 43 were directed towards somebody else.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7