Chicks in combat? What's next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@bfayer Got ya. Yeah, that will definitely be a hurdle to overcome for sure. I have known some tough women, and I have no doubt some can make it...but we are talking about the median or the whole itself, and THAT will be a tough nut to crack.

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Permission? I could care less.

Just stating the facts of the world in which we all live.

And you think your life is any different than mine, well except for the fact that you have never been in a combat enviroment.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No, but I've lived with bullies so they are familiar to me

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  4. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Well either they make it or they don't. As long as the standards are based on the job. Armor plates and ammo do not get lighter based on your DNA.

Brokor likes this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

In combat one either keeps up and carries their load or others may get killed picking up their slack. If a soldier can not keep up, as they will not be left behind the unit slows down. Late for their mission or too slow to get away; either is bad. Depending on the mission a soldier may carry ~40 to 150 pounds; an Army wife posted "he" says 85. The soldier carries it to the objective. Walk all day then go to a basic combat load and go out on patrol all night; then walk all day.

It isn't getting into combat, it is getting through training to prove you are capable or not.

It is a warrior culture, one either has it physically and mentally or they don't. The higher one gets up the warrior food chain; the tougher the selection process becomes.

None of the above has anything to do with one's gender.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  6. HK_User

Ahh the old one liner approach, best done by a Moderator, name calling by suggestion. I also add this is typical when some wish to start a pissing war and get the non modertor thrown off.

Keep it clean, keep it civil, leave the name calling for the home base.

What I see is yet one more entitlement group. You know the type, ignore all the facts and just because I want in the Mil then it's my right group.

What is happening is another entitlement group wanting special compensation that reduces our Battle efficiency, and a program that cost more than it's worth.

Just figure higher taxes and reduced productivity. Is that really what you want?

Capt. Tyree likes this.
  7. HK_User

Huh!

DNA is what makes you stronger, or not, male or female it comes from your parents.

8. bfayer

Let me put it this way, you can count chromosomes if you want, all I care about is if the person standing next to me can do the job. If they can't they need to find another line of work, if they can then nothing else matters.

mysterymet, RightHand, Tracy and 3 others like this.
  9. HK_User

Agreed which means no mods in the exams, any exams.

Tracy, kellory and bfayer like this.
  10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Combat Babes,,,could make a good TV show

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I was a war fighter once, glorified light Infantry, CIB and more than two tours of Vietnam. Typically, a kid, my grandson wanted to follow in my footsteps. I told him what it is really like; not the Rambo bad butt baloney. Not the bang bang shoot them up stuff, but how dirt rolls into little splinters under your skin. Clogging a comb is as easy as running through your hair. How the smell of your feet will make you gag. Don't ask about your pits or crotch.

Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Hair- you had some- lucky. I remember coming home from missions or training and my wife would not let me in the house until I dropped all clothes at the laundry in the garage. Head straight to the shower and decon completly. Funny how the dirt would come off in layers. Then the welcome home was complete.

13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

A Gillette double edged razor and a comb was used to cut hair. If one was lucky a shower was a lister bag hung in the sun.

Count your blessings as home wasn't an option for a year.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. Yard Dart

I hear you Tikka. When we first went into Haiti we did not have any showers for a month other than the Aussie portable. One of the guys broke a down-spout on the building we were in and we waited till it rained later that day. Funny as hell seeing all these guys lined up for what seemed like a real shower for a moment or two. Good times in a crappy environment.

15. HK_User

I remember proudly wearing the smell o f my trade, even the Bar Maids knew what we did for a living.

Usually took a few weeks back home before the smell was gone, time and a lot of soap and bleach.

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

During an air assault we began, after a little over a month spent at a lonely farmhouse along the Iranian border, the guys were burning their uniforms as we left --not because they were protesting, but because they were so nasty and grimy no amount of detergent would help. Water bottle baths just didn't cut it.

Yard Dart likes this.
  17. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Nothing quite like the tropics to make nasty worse. In retrospect, even the good times stunk. ;)

We had DX or direct combat exchange; when we came in we traded our clothes for new. An endless circle of nature walks followed by a few days in. The easiest way to spot Infantry in base camp was new fatigues, no patches and wearing flip flops. ;)

It is weird what one learns after so many years.

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. bfayer

Yard Dart, when were you in Haiti?

19. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Silly Larry. Never heard of Squatter's Rights? [bateye]

;)

larryinalabama, BTPost and chelloveck like this.
  20. Yard Dart

When the US kicked out the dictator in 94 , 95 or so. I would have to go check my papers. Seems like a lifetime ago...
    Where you over there around that time? We were supposed to jump in and Colin Powell convinced them the gig was up and we landed a couple days later. Powell is a piece of crap now days but back then he got it done

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7