Chicom knock off Yaesu VX-8DR

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by stg58, Mar 17, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

More of the Japanese radios are being made by contract manufactures in china the Veasu knock off of Yaesu is $59 the real Yaesu is over $300.
    Maybe they will have Benwood (Kenwood) and Dcom (Icom) radios next.

I would not be surprised if the Yaesu knock off is made in the same factory.

Real Yaesu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Yaesu.com

Chicom Veasu knock off
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Just read an article in an English language version of a mainstream Chinese news program. They are having troubles with knockoffs across the board, dishwashers to counterfeit Honda cars. All of this is sold internal to China, and they ain't happy about it. It ain't about just exports any more, racketeering and corruption has a foothold. Being socially conscious, they are holding seminars to teach the population how to detect counterfeits, from antacids to xylophones. Gotta love capitalism.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not only the same factory, but the same assembly Line, by the the same Cooly Workers...

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@ghrit
    I'd be curious to see the ARRL lab run one of those Chinese knockoffs through their testing.

Altoidfishfins and kellory like this.
  5. BTPost

Buy me one, and I will do the Tests, and send you the results....

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@BTPost
    I'm frugal so the ARRL doing the tests for me to read works a lot better.

7. BTPost

Just a thought... I am in the middle of redoing the Setup, on the Salt Lake Bay end of the UpGraded UHF Link System for the ABP Production Company.... When they stopped Production, last November, they just shut down the GenSet and left.... The Radio Gear was totally soaked, and dripping wet, when they went to fire the System back up... They dried it out, and powered it up, but apparently messed with the Control Knobs, and really messed up the SetUp... I just spent three hours, getting it all reset, Audio levels, PL, DPL, RF PowerOut, Receiver Sensitivity, and Selectivity.... All the stuff... To make it work, as designed... I asked the Folks, if they wanted to me, to just pack it up and send it back, so they could try and get it up and running, and THEN, fly me over to get it Runnng, OR, just have me bring it back with me and Make it WORK.... No answer, yet....

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Altoidfishfins likes this.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

To satisfy your interest; spend your money. :ROFLMAO:

Except for Club community service activities and a couple of VHF/UHF CW contests as a code for food operator; I have no interest in VHF or UHF.

9. ghrit

Keep your subscription to QST up to date, they might do it and write it up as they do with new gear.

10. BTPost

[ROFL]

11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I have since the 70s.
    However, it might hurt QST's advertising revenues or give us all something to laugh at.

12. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Monkey+

They're the ones that don't pass QA on the first go-around, don't pass on the second, and get put into a new case....

13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Flight-ER-Doc
    Whatever they'd send would do well. ;)

Everyone here is thinking VHF and UHF while I'm thinking to 30-40-80-160.

14. ghrit

Well, think something other than this veasu handheld (or the Yeasu clone) 'cause they are only v and u hf.

15. BTPost

You should really check out 60meters.... We in Alaska have been using 60 Meters for DECADES, as an Emergency @ Calling Frequency, around the State...

16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

What about the Chinese Baofeng BF-F8HP? I heard they weren't too bad for ~$65. I did hear antenna that came with them sucked wind...

l looked on Amazon for these Veasu but didn't see them. They must be new? Where do you get them?

17. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ganado likes this.
  18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@BTPost
    If there is CW and DX, I will. Yes, I know as it is separated from CONUS by Canada, Alaska counts as a country. :)

To be blunt, since no-code; I've actually heard carriers in a pile-up. It is Ham Radio, not CB. So I am heading to the low bands.
    A good book on the subject is ON4UN's Low Band DX'ing.

19. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

My only grief with the FCC etc. is when I had to upgrade my ticket to get the same privileges I had. It really ticked me off.
    That goes back many years; so now you have an idea how long I've been licensed.

20. BTPost

There is Both, CW & Comms to Alaska, for DX..... We use USB for Voice Comms... Alaska Emergency Frequency is 5167.5 KHz USB.... It is open to ALL FCC licensees, no matter what Service they might be regulated under.... Marine, Fixed, Aircraft, Public Safety, Ham, Business, Broadcast, whatever.... As long as you are within, 50 Miles of Alaskan Coast, or within the State Boundries....

1. Qwertyportne
  2. DKR
  3. William Warren
  4. Tully Mars
  5. sdr
  6. Southbound
  7. bumpshadow
  8. hitchcock4
  9. DKR
  10. SB21
  11. Bandit99
  12. sdr