Chinese company recalls yet another contaminated medicine...

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by DKR, Aug 5, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Contaminated BP drug - has a cancer causing agent 'by accident'.

Some heart, high blood pressure drugs containing valsartan recalled due to cancer risk | CBC News

and

Blood Pressure Medicine Is Recalled

This is in addition to the botched and 'bad' vaccines recently recalled.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-08-india-recalls-vaccines-tainted-china.html

Fresh scandal erupts over vaccine safety in China

You really need to ask your doc or pharmacy the source of the meds you buy. If they are made in China, insist they check for current recall data....

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Got a recall letter, returned product by Doc's Orders.
    Got new med.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

If it goes in or on your body (or your pet's) don't buy it from China.
    Cast iron is good, carved wood is good, electronics are ok, but not food, cosmetics, drugs, etc.

Too many manufacturers in China are like too many manufacturers in America: They don't care if their products are harmful or even actively toxic. All they want is the money, and if toxic = cheap, toxic is the way they play.

And stay away from the Chinese sheetrock, too.

Just for example: a bunch of years ago, some traveling oil merchants in India started selling cooking oil at cut-rate prices in a lot of the small villages up in the hills.

Unfortunately for the buyers, it was oil that had been salvaged from old high voltage transformers and then filtered clear.

The people it didn't kill outright wound up paralysed or blind.

The sellers just never came back...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    3M-TA3, mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. HK_User

Dioxins for cooking oil.

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. HK_User

China is not the only guilty party.
    The Dioxin affair was a political crisis that struck in Belgium during the spring of 1999. Contamination of feedstock with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) was detected in animal food products, mainly eggs and chickens. Although health inspectors reported the problem in January, measurements were taken only from May 1999 when the media revealed the case. The then Flemish Liberals and Democrats (VLD) opposition leader Guy Verhofstadt claimed that the government was trying to cover up the so-called "nota Destickere", which proved that several secretaries of state were informed much earlier that the food contained PCBs and dioxins.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

I have read that a lot of the inputs are produced by sub contractors and with the business going to the lowest bidder and the competition, the paperwork for the materials may or may not actually be accurate. The gluten scandal where they were adding melamine and other chemicals to make the protein content appear higher and the substandard warfarin are just two of the food and medicine ones and their history in nut, bolts, aircraft metals, bearings, etc and accurate paperwork for traceability are all too well know.

Gator 45/70, ghrit, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can agree that Chinese vaccines may not be safe.

8. duane

duane Monkey+++

I can agree that American vaccines may not be safe or effective.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Then don't take them and be part of the control group.

SoaySheep likes this.
  10. DKR

The Long Shadow of the 1976 Swine Flu Vaccine ‘Fiasco"
    The Long Shadow of the 1976 Swine Flu Vaccine 'Fiasco' | Smart News | Smithsonian

money quote:

SmartNews Keeping you current
    The Long Shadow of the 1976 Swine Flu Vaccine ‘Fiasco’
    Some, but not all, of the hesitance to embrace vaccines can be traced back to this event more than 40 years ago
    [​IMG]
    This 1976 photograph shows a woman receiving a vaccination during the nationwide swine flu vaccination campaign. (CDC)
    By Kat Eschner
    smithsonian.com
    February 6, 2017
    In the spring of 1976, it looked like that year’s flu was the real thing. Spoiler alert: it wasn’t, and rushed response led to a medical debacle that hasn’t gone away.

“Some of the American public’s hesitance to embrace vaccines — the flu vaccine in particular — can be attributed to the long-lasting effects of a failed 1976 campaign to mass-vaccinate the public against a strain of the swine flu virus,” writes Rebecca Kreston for Discover. “This government-led campaign was widely viewed as a debacle and put an irreparable dent in future public health initiative, as well as negatively influenced the public’s perception of both the flu and the flu shot in this country.”

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  11. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Big Farma buy pre fabs in china, mix them add chinese sugar compress them and sell them proudly as made in THIS country.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Several years ago I was at a pharmacy picking up a 'scrip for my wife. It was just before the 4th of July and they had flags in sealed plastic bags showing MADE in AMERICA. The colour was slightly off so out of curiosity I bought one. At home as soon as I opened the bag I could see a made in china sticker on the flag. It was either deliberate mislabeling, or Made in AMERICA only referred to the bag.

13. DKR

2 thyroid medications recalled over contamination concerns

yet more "Chinese medicine' being recalled for contaminated ingredients .

My wife takes this stuff - imagine how we felt to discover that a US Military pharm would purchase drugs from China.....

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Gator 45/70, SoaySheep and Zimmy like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Contaminated with iodine 131?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

sign up for consumer product safety commission recall alerts. Pretty much if it might spontaneously burst into flame or exceeds safety limits of heavy metals or is radioactive, it came from China.

When did meds from China become a thing? When I was in Med School (granted last millennium) the only foreign country where US pharmacies could obtain medications was Canada and if anything their standards were stricter than ours

Also China is known for adding mellamine to just about everything from herbal concoctions to pet food and recently were allowed to sell chicken under the name of mechanically separated chicken, so don't buy anything supposedly containing chicken that doesn't look identifiably like it came from a chicken, that also goes for pet food

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was kind of joking.
    Iodine 131 only has a half life of like a week.

1. techsar
  2. techsar
  3. techsar
  4. ED GEiN
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Motomom34
  8. OldDude49
  9. BTPost
  10. Oddcaliber
  11. Motomom34
  12. Tempstar