Chinese researchers creating new strains of influenza virus in veterinary lab

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Quigley_Sharps, May 3, 2013.

1. Snoozebum

Snoozebum Monkey

At least they're not using bigpox!

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

My concern is resurrecting ancient plagues and then splicing them into other strains to create new weapons to be used mercilessly against an unsuspecting third world country. We've seen it before, too. The blue helmets come, doctors give "routine injections" to help "cure the sick". A few days later, we have the origins of a new plague or disease. But, who cares, it's just millions of lives nobody will miss...the end will justify the means. (sarcasm)

VHestin likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"phyisian, first do no harm."
    To knowingly harm millions , as you surmise, would cause doctors to drop from tall building instead of bankers. You are only asking them to be mass murderers.
    No, side effects will come from too much speed, and not enough understanding, not intent.

4. Brokor

And yet the proof already exists that what I say is not only possible, but true. One case which stands out in my mind is the Tuskegee syphilis experiment.

bpp-tuskegee.

Tuskegee syphilis experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tuskegee-Syphilis-Study.

"For the most part, doctors and civil servants simply did their jobs. Some merely followed orders, others worked for the glory of science." - John Heller, Director of the Public Health Service's Division of Venereal Diseases

Please do not assume a physician's oath will prevent biowarfare and barbaric testing on innocent people. It happened, and it continues to happen. Checksum.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. kellory

True enough. Yet, barely within the rule. They did no harm. They also did no good. They observed.

6. Brokor

The proof shows clearly you are incorrect with your assertion. Sorry.

7. kellory

I read your link. They observed. They did not inform, they did not cause. They watched what happened, untreated. There was an ABSENCE of care, not a cause.

8. Brokor

Then you did not read. Shall we continue?

9. kellory

What did I miss?

10. kellory

They withheld care, and blocked care, but did not inject them with the illness. They observed the results, and did nothing useful, but did not cause it. They watched as it spread unchecked.

11. Brokor

Keep telling yourself that, maybe somebody out there foolish enough will believe you. Until then, you may consider this empty and repetitive dialog as an effective way to carry this topic to the next page, thus hiding my original post from prying eyes.

---> Chinese researchers creating new strains of influenza virus in veterinary lab | Page 3 <---

12. kellory

I have no interest in hiding anything. Show proof that they actually GAVE the disease to anyone. They withheld care.

13. Brokor

The 40-year study was controversial for reasons related to ethical standards, primarily because researchers knowingly failed to treat patients appropriately after the 1940s validation of penicillin as an effective cure for the disease they were studying.

Researchers could study the natural progression of the disease as long as they did not harm their subjects. They reasoned that the knowledge gained would benefit humankind; however, it was determined afterward that the doctors did harm their subjects by depriving them of appropriate treatment once it had been discovered. The study was characterized as "the longest non-therapeutic experiment on human beings in medical history."[

Perhaps. However, given everything I know, it's more likely some of those "test subjects" were infected by direct means and did not acquire syphilis by accident. Can I prove it to you? I dunno. I could try. There are plenty of other cases that are WELL PROVEN, CITED and VERIFIED (for folks like yourself) to show this is possible. So, even if I do fail to provide evidence these Tuskegee folks were directly infected, you cannot evade the point of my original post, nor expect every doctor to be incapable of violating an oath. People have been, and continue to be tested on, infected, and pathogens are created as weapons to be used against populations. Simple. Here you go, have at it.

Unethical human experimentation in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  14. kellory

I am referring to the one example listed. It is an ethical issue determined by hind sight , that withholding care was considered "harm". It was similar to watching an accident, and doing nothing to help. Unethical, not direct harm. Withholding treatment, not cause. Nothing I would agree with, but a difference.

tulianr likes this.
  15. kellory

Or to put it more simply, you are drowning and I watch, but do nothing to help. Unethical.
    You are drowning, and I hold your head under water. Direct action/ murder. Either way you die. But in only one am I the cause.

16. Brokor

More like, you took an oath to do no harm, and there's a guy drowning 15 feet away. You are standing there with a rope and a flotation device. You shrug and walk away.

17. kellory

True enough. I , still did not cause your death, you did. Just because I can, does not require I do.

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So it's an ethical issue (or moral, if you prefer the terms.) Either way, it seems to me that some issues should be avoided, as in don't mess with Mother Nature, she has ways to get even. It also seems to me that keeping the stuff" created in the lab IN the lab can be done, but precautions will be sloughed off and slithered around IF one or another of the lab workers gets a wild hair strung across you-know-what and takes an infectious agent out before a countermeasure is developed. Who do you trust? Dot gov? (I'm laffin' -.)

19. Snoozebum

Snoozebum Monkey

That's one of the great pitfalls in choosing sides in a man vs man fight. These doctors probably never would have done this to white people in a million years.

I know conservatives who would do this (not literally, maybe, but similar things.)to a liberal, and liberals who would do this to a conservative.

Finish this thought later, gotta go.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7