Chopped - Survival edition

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by kckndrgn, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Rehydrate the vegies and beef... cook two packs of ramen noodles with out the seasoning packet..

Since you didn't specify I'll assume the meat is beef, dehydrated vegies are a mixed vegetable selection

Beef Burgundy...
    3 slices of bacon chopped
    3 tablespoons butter, divided
    1/2cup of sliced wild mushrooms medium in size, wiped with damp cloth to clean, thinly sliced
    Salt and pepper
    1 cup wild onions,
    Rehydrated beef slices and cubed
    3 tablespoons flower (hand ground from red Durham wheat)
    1 cup burgundy wine (or any wine available)
    1 1/2 cups stock
    Bouquet of 3 or 4 sprigs each sage and fresh thyme, tied with kitchen string

Using half the ramen noodles add the following:
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
    1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley , 2 handfuls
    12 blades fresh chives, snipped or finely chopped

Heat a large deep skillet with a heavy bottom and a lid over medium high heat. Add bacon to the pan and brown. Remove crisp bacon bits with slotted spoon. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to the pan and melt into bacon drippings. Add mushrooms to the pan and turn to coat evenly with butter and bacon drippings. Season the mushroom slices with salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms 2 to 3 minutes and add onions to the pan. Continue cooking onions and mushrooms 2 to 3 minutes longer, then transfer to a plate and return pan to the heat. Add remaining butter to the pan and melt it, then add meat to the very hot pan and brown evenly on all sides, keeping the meat moving. Add flour to browned meat in the pan and cook the flour 2 minutes. Add wine to the pan slowly while stirring. When the wine comes up to a bubble and you have scraped up the pan drippings, add the stock and bouquet of fresh sage and thyme sprigs to the pot. Cover the pan. When the liquid boils, reduce heat to medium. Cook covered 5 minutes, remove lid and add mushrooms, onions and bacon back to the pot. Simmer with the cover off until sauce thickens a bit. Adjust seasoning and remove herb bouquet.

Toss hot ramen noodle with butter and herbs. Place a bed of noodles in a shallow bowl and pour beef burgundy over the noodles and serve

Serve reconstituted veggies as a side... Add some butter and salt to taste

Ramen noodle Apple Kugel

12 ounces ramen noodles
    2 cups dehydrated apples
    2 tablespoons cooking oil
    4 eggs, beaten
    2 cups apple juice an be made using dehydrated apples and sugar and water)
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 cup dried tart cherries or raisins
    1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cook noodles according to package directions in a large saucepan. Drain noodles, rinse, and drain the noodles again. Set aside. Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.

Cook apples in a large frying pan in hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes; set aside. Whisk together the eggs, apple juice, sugar, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl. Layer half of the noodles in the prepared dish. Top with the apples and cherries or raisins. Add remaining noodles. Sprinkle pecans over the top. Pour apple juice mixture over all. Cover dish with foil. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack about 30 minutes.

Hope this make Ramen noodles more palatable for @Motomom34 ...

upload_2015-3-28_10-14-33.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Motomom34, Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I'm declaring with doctor the winner of the ramen noodle prize (minus 10k)[emoji7]

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Witch Doctor 01 Wow! Ramen for dessert. That is thinking outside of the box! great recipe.

Ganado likes this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Round 3:
    Fresh zucchini
    Fish you caught
    Onions
    Peaches

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Basic lite, simple dinner. Gut the fish. Cut the zucchini and onions up. Two pieces of foil. Take the fish, onions and some dill, wrap it up and cook over a fire. Second piece of foil throw in the zucchini and oils, little bit of salt and pepper with some oregano and couple of butter slabs. Cook that also over the fire. The peaches would be sliced up and served as a side.

Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am responding to the thread as if SHTF and what I have, what I have stored. I have spices but nothing real fancy because I don't do fancy. I tend to cook where you can taste the food and not have it covered. Zucchini I tend to either saute with veggies or I will shred it and use it in breads or such. Shred, add an egg, flour and dash of spices then bake it become like a crust. Most recipes call for cheese also.

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7