Chris Kyle Frog Foundation

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Nov 27, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Chris Kyle Frog Foundation

OUR MISSION

The mission of the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation (CKFF) is to Honor GOD, Country and Families who serve.

It is focused on changing the world for this generation and the next by recognizing and strengthening military and first responder marriages through unique programs and powerful partnerships.

The Chris Kyle Frog Foundation will achieve this through experiences that:

• Provide time and space to reconnect after deployment without the distractions of everyday life
    • Provide power to return to the ‘family unit’
    • Provide new common ground after military involvement
    The Chris Kyle Frog Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization.

GOG, Ura-Ki, Motomom34 and 8 others like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

this looks like a good cause but their financial statements aren't public. which disturbs me. Foundations can hide a lot of financial shenanigans and unless their financials are public I hesitate. I am not trying to rain on their parade but there is a thing called fiscal responsibility. The best managed foundations post their annual financials on their website

GuideStar Search
    Foundation Center
    shows most balance sheets for foundations 2/3 of the above mentioned foundation income is in assets. Which leads me to ask more questions

American Valor Foundation – Supporting The Heroes That Serve Us

same family without Chris's wife. Very odd.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Just saw Taya speak a couple of weeks ago. Took my step son along, had a good time.
    Patriot Tour | Patriot Tour

sec_monkey, Yard Dart, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  4. HK_User

Family groups can be defined in many ways. In doubt, have a spouse die or get divorced and you may find you are no longer invited to the Family Christmas Dinner. So I can only guess they were talking blood relations.

Not sure if you are asking a question of some sort but as an example the DAV is a non profit org and each Chapter is held to a high standard by a yearly audit. This audit uses a typical allowed line items that are developed to show each expense and how it was used. The same audit information used in the DAV audit is the information used in the yearly IRS report which is the standard accounting P&L Sheet. The P&L can instantly disclose percentages spent and if the monies are spent according to the IRS rules used to set up the Corporation. You would need to check the IRS laws to see if the DAV or another company is operating with the rules imposed on that company.
    No miscellaneous expenses allowed for that is how fraud begins. Each disbursement fits a given category or it is not legal for the P&L.
    In most instances large or small Contributors can sometimes control where there money is used and can require a repayment if a Grant is misused.
    This is accomplished by the line item report contained in the P&L Report.

I worked for a very large non profit company and they paid well to attract the best employees. A left wing company tried more than once to sue us for unfair competition due to the Non Profit status. This was a frivolous law suit as any and all "excess" earnings were used for charitable grants. Of course we had to compete on the same level as the "for Profit" company the difference was that our gains were donated to the selected groups aka the rules of IRS distributions when the company was incorporated. In such cases no modification are allowed without a restructuring of the company.
    OTOH a for profit is not limited in how they spend their gains so they can change at will on how they legally spend their money.

BTW the for profit company above spent very little on upgrades choosing to live high on the hog and ignoring common business practices of improving their product and hiring top people and providing long term benefits. This was proved in court on 3 separate occasions over a 10 year period. Shortly after that they went belly up due to a poor product.

In short a person may be better served by checking what a Foundation does with the Donations.
    Every company has the choice of the limits of the IRS rules as to what they disclose.

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

May be a bit off topic, but if you get a chance, go see these folks. Was great fun and Taya is hot in the leather pants :D
    Seriously, I enjoyed her time. Very heartfelt, very faith based. To me, the best speaker of the night was Chad Fleming. Dude was totally kickass! Plunk down yer 60 bucks and go-totally worth it.

HK_User and Dunerunner like this.
  6. HK_User

Here is a Foundation I am familiar with.
    Houston Endowment – A Private Foundation for Greater Houston
    Much of their base is "Old Money" that being from the Oil Barons who wished to do good with the fortunes they earned in the hard old days of the oil boom. Their money was used to purchase fledgling or foundering business or business that could fund the Foundation for near on a century.
    "
    Public Service

Once married, the Joneses began making substantial donations to colleges, hospitals, orphanages, museums and other civic institutions. Jones continued to develop properties, completing a 35-story Art Deco building for the Gulf Oil Company and his National Bank of Commerce in 1929, just before the beginning of the Great Depression. When two Houston banks teetered on the brink of failure, threatening other banks across the region, Jones gathered the city’s leaders and worked for three days and nights to develop a plan to rescue the two faltering banks. As a result of Jones’s leadership and determination, no banks in Houston failed during the Great Depression."

They provided Quite help to the needy which has always been more important than flash and boom do gooders who want to advertise their wealth.
    Some of the best kept secrets are the thousands if not hundreds of thousands of well educated folks who were provided the chance at a degree who went on to help others due to Houston Endowment – A Private Foundation for Greater Houston
    "The Joneses’ giving included several college and university scholarship programs, which included minority students and were divided equally between women and men. By the time Mr. Jones passed away on June 1, 1956, the foundation had helped more than 4,000 students attend 57 colleges and universities."

The Left wing just hates Good Foundations as they provide an improved way of life for those willing to work instead of a daily handout with a yoke attached to the recipient.

This foundation has out lived its founders.
    As has the wild life development of a space I know of done solely for the public by an old time Lawyer I know in a space that was ruined by big agribusiness with his own hard earned money.

Houston Endowment – A Private Foundation for Greater Houston

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Ganado likes this.
  7. HK_User

Real people who suddenly found their life turned upside down from a war they never wanted to be a part of.

Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

That Houston foundation does alot of great work. It's impressive. Thanks HK I have people who look for this type of thing. Places that are not flashy but quietly go about their business. I don't mind paying people for doing a good job when they run a foundation but I also don't think overhead should be more than 20%. There are exceptions of course. I have a guy whose cause I support ... he goes in to S. America and teaches locals to build safe stoves and water containers with local material. He then helps them set up local businesses making stoves and water containers. His over head is 80% but it's all travel and lodging. The good he leaves behind in self sustaining small businesses and fire and water safety justifies the 80% overhead in my mind.

Another group I support out of Australia does training for parents for early childhood education in 3rd world countries as parents are the best source of learning for a child. Their budget is mostly travel and materials as well. So the financials for me just lead to questions, that when answered honestly the high overhead is justifiable because a skill is being taught/learned at a local level.

I am not a big fan of 'give it away' over and over. Teach people to fish, as the saying goes.

HK_User likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7