Chris Kyle killed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

2 silver stars, 4 bronze stars, along with many other well earned awards would normally define a major league hero, but this true hero always looked out to help his fellow man. RIP young man. I pray for your family. I believe you will be welcomed to heaven.
    Those who have the temerity to speak ill of someone of his character define true evil. Not to worry you sorry , oxygen wasters, you will be properly judged one day.......
    GB

oldawg, BTPost, tulianr and 2 others like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Just wait. They will say it was done with .. wait for it .. Another Semi-Automatic (actually they'll just say automatic) !!

3. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

no yahoo has it confirmed it was a semi .go there read stupid article.id the comments it will piss you off.

4. JABECmfg

JABECmfg multi-useless

Exactly. How long before PTSD is a "mental illness" that we're all supposed to fear like the plague?

Maybe this belongs in another thread, (and if it does, then Mods please relocate) but we all saw how lame the prez's recent "kid approved" XO's were, on the surface. ON THE SURFACE, the RKBA was not attacked. But beneath that surface, I don't like where this is going.

Let's say, you want to buy a gun for hunting purposes... Now, introduce the "professional" who asks - "so, you want to buy a gun so you can hunt? And by hunting, you mean you intend to kill innocent, defenseless animals? And you feel no remorse for doing so? Very interesting..." and just like that, YOU now suffer from a "mental illness" and for matters of public safety, should not be trusted with a firearm...

Let's say you live in a sh!tty neighborhood, and you want a gun to protect yourself and your family from crime. Does that mean, you don't trust the police to protect you? That you're afraid of violent crime? Sounds like an irrational phobia to me...

Or maybe you just want a big bad black rifle because you believe that 2A is about protection from tyranny of guvvy, and you think that maybe, someday, that guvvy might try to subjugate you? Sounds like paranoia to me...

Or maybe you're a vet who served your nation. What happens when the mental health professionals twist statistics to show that many vets suffer from PTSD don't get professional help... So, it's only logical that, for the purpose of public safety, you should undergo an extensive evaluation of mental health by a "professional" if you want to purchase a firearm...

I minored in psychology in college, and the first thing that any good psych teacher will tell you is that psychology is NOT a science. It's a guessing game at best... and if we put our faith in these so-called "professionals", we're just asking for them to exercise their supposed authority over us.

May Chris Kyle Rest In Peace with the respect he deserves, and not be used as a tool by those who would take advantage of tragedy.

EDITED - because that was a really long-winded rant. Obviously it still is, but it's a little cleaner now.

Brokor and oldawg like this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

This is attempted with all due respect....

"Chris kyle reporting for duty Sir, You would be St Peter?"
    "Why yes, we have been expecting you Sir., well done, but why bring the rifle?"
    "All hell's breaking loose down below Sir, i serve best to protect my own people, Sir."
    "then take up overwatch on the pearly gates, i could use a good man at my back."
    R.I.P.

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Here's my question: if the killer went on the run, stealing Kyle's truck, after the shooting, how did he have time to go home and leave the gun used in the shooting in the home? Wouldn't you take it with you? Why would you go home at all? Something smells here.........

Iraq war veteran charged in Texas shooting that killed author/ex-Navy SEAL Kyle, his friend - The Washington Post

By Associated Press, Published: February 3
    STEPHENVILLE, Texas — A 25-year-old Iraq war veteran charged with murdering former Navy SEAL and “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle and his friend turned a gun onto the pair while they were at a Texas shooting range, authorities said Sunday.

Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster was arraigned early Sunday in the deaths of Kyle, 38, and Chad Littlefield, 35, at a shooting range at Rough Creek Lodge, about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth. He was being held on one charge of capital murder and two charges of murder.

Capt. Jason Upshaw with the Erath County Sheriff’s Office said Routh used a semi-automatic handgun, which authorities later found at his home. Upshaw said ballistics tests weren’t complete Sunday, but authorities believe it was the gun used in the shootings. Upshaw declined to give any more details about the gun.

Routh has not made any comments indicating what his motive may have been, Upshaw said. Sheriff Tommy Bryant said Routh was unemployed and “may have been suffering from some type of mental illness from being in the military himself.”

“I don’t know that we’ll ever know. He’s the only one that knows that,” Upshaw said.

Bryant didn’t know if Routh was on any medication or whether he had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

The U.S. military confirmed Sunday that Routh was a corporal in the Marines, serving in active duty from 2006 to 2010. He was deployed to Iraq in 2007 and Haiti in 2010. His current duty status is listed as reserve.

Routh is being held on $3 million bond. Authorities did not know whether Routh had a lawyer yet.

Kyle, a decorated veteran, wrote the best-selling book “American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History,” detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009. Kyle said in his book that Iraqi insurgents had put a bounty on his head. According to promotional information from book publisher William Morrow, Kyle deployed to Iraq four times.

Bryant said Kyle, Littlefield and Routh went to the shooting range around 3:15 p.m. Saturday. A hunting guide at Rough Creek Lodge came across the bodies of Kyle and Littlefield around 5 p.m. and called 911.

Upshaw said autopsies were still pending and he could not say how many times the men were shot or where on their bodies they were hit.

After the shootings, Routh left the shooting range in Kyle’s black pickup truck, Bryant said, first going to his sister’s home in Midlothian, about 25 miles southwest of Dallas, where he told her and her husband what he had done. Routh left, Bryant said, and the couple called local police.

Routh arrived at his home in Lancaster, about 17 miles southeast of Dallas, at about 8 p.m. Police arrested him after a brief pursuit.

Travis Cox, the director of a nonprofit Kyle helped found, told The Associated Press on Sunday that Kyle and Littlefield had taken Routh to the range. Littlefield was Kyle’s neighbor and “workout buddy,” Cox said.

“What I know is Chris and a gentleman — great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield — took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them,” Cox said.

A knock on the door at Routh’s last known address went unanswered Sunday. A for-sale sign was in front of the small, wood-framed home.

Kyle’s nonprofit, FITCO Cares, provides at-home fitness equipment for emotionally and physically wounded veterans.

“Chris was literally the type of guy if you were a veteran and needed help he’d help you,” Cox said.

Cox described Littlefield as a gentle, kind-hearted man who often called or emailed him with ideas for events or fundraisers to help veterans. He said he was married and had children.

“It was just two great guys with Chad and Chris trying to help out a veteran in need and making time out of their day to help him. And to give him a hand. And unfortunately this thing happened,” Cox said.

Bryant seemed to confirm that scenario. The sheriff said Routh’s mother “may have reached out to Mr. Kyle to try to help her son.”

“We kind of have an idea that maybe that’s why they were at the range for some type of therapy that Mr. Kyle assists people with. And I don’t know if it’s called shooting therapy, I don’t have any idea,” Bryant said.

Lt. Cmdr. Rorke Denver, who served with Kyle on SEAL Team 3 in Iraq in 2006, called Kyle a champion of the modern battlefield. Denver wasn’t surprised that Kyle apparently used a shooting range to help someone with PTSD.

“For us, for warriors, that’s a skill set that has become very familiar, very comfortable for us,” said Denver, a lieutenant commander in a reserve SEAL team. His book “Damn Few,” about training SEALs, will be released this month. “So I actually see it as kind of a perfect use of Chris’ unique skill set and expertise of which he has very few peers.”

Craft International, Kyle’s security training company, had scheduled a $2,950-per-person civilian training event at Rough Creek Lodge called the “Rough Creek Shoot Out!” for March 1-3. The price included lodging, meals and shooting instruction. Kyle was scheduled to teach the first class, called “precision rifle.”

Kyle is survived by his wife, Taya, and their two children, Cox said.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think the answer lies within PTSD or "other mental defect", diagnosed or otherwise.

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I can see a future where we're all going to have to get "PTSD inspection stickers" in order to be around guns.

ME: I would like some range time on your full-auto lane.
    CLERK: "Full-auto??" (Laughs) Sure . . . can I see your PTSD-Free card? OK, single-shot only lanes are the only ones open . . . you know that!

Just add PTSD

NHE-15248_150.
    NHE-15248_150.

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/us/chris-kyle-american-sniper-author-reported-killed.html?_r=0

Perhaps it is because it's a "private" or "exclusive" club--I'm guessing the range did NOT have a range-officer. We have a "range" like that that's public, but, in all the other "pay-per" ranges I've been to, there's always an armed range officer on duty. While that sounds good, the place I mainly go, the "officer" is some late teen/early 20s kid who works there. I wonder if the range has sent them for training...proper training. Me thinks "no."

10. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

Never thought I'd say this, but Fuck Ron Paul!

jasonl6 likes this.
  11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Talked with a bud today who knew him personally. Said he was one of the nicest guys in the world. Just a d--- shame that POS robbed him and his family of life. Reminds me of the song about how Jesse James (not comparing him to Chris) was killed by a dirty coward. Thought he was a friend but turned on him. Just shameful and so very tragic. Hats off to you Chris.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This is the only place I can read comments regarding this. I am just sickened at the response of the people in this world. The trend seems to be if someone doesn't hold your same political agenda it is okay to wish ill will upon them. We have a nice guy who served his country, dedicating his life to doing good being gunned down by someone he was trying to help. How can people be happy? I am highly alarmed because what kind of treatment will these soldiers returning from combat receive? I am hearing that the VA is stringing these guys along and not really helping to heal.

13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

14. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

It has now been posted that the a**hole murdered Chris and his friend for Chris' truck.This was stated by the murderers sister.What a waste.

Motomom34 likes this.
  15. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

Yeah, Wild Bill Hickok met a similar fate from a Deadwood, S.D. n'er do well that he had briefly met earlier. Hickok was playing cards with his back to the saloon door when he took a bullet to the back of his head. The shooter didn't have the "sand" to face him in a fight even up; so the POS took him from behind by surprise.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

For his truck??? He probably would have let him borrow it had the SOB asked. Murdered over a material object. I hope the murdering a-hole rots.

17. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

You can help the family out buy buying a commemorative shirt. I'm not sure what percentage of money goes to the family, but it seems this group is trying to be as transparent as possible.

LINK REMOVED by CATO
    see post #45

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a cousin that went to college with Chris at Tarleton State. They had a lot in common, both big guys, both rodeo'd, and they became close friends. My cousin Ryon said that Chris came back home with him to Goldwaite a couple of times. This hit him pretty hard, hell after reading about him and the work he did, not to mention "American Sniper" it hurt my heart. Just a damn shame. This man gave all, five tours, finally retired from the teams to save his marriage and raise his kids. He did everything right, spent a lot of time and money to help his fellow man, and saved a lot of lives in the sandbox. Last night I raised a glass of Crown Reserve to him, our country is worse off with him gone. It really makes you question your service, and your own self sacrifice. As I put on Facebook last night "In the meantime, somewhere up high, Chris takes a rest on the pearly gates, as Ol' St. Peter calls out windage and elevation."

19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Well said E.L..........

20. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Ok, guys... I've been here long enough where you guys know that conspiracy theories with me are looked upon with skepticism. The article on infowars (another marine discussed the murderer) discussing the murderers status in the marines and his sister saying he was a psycho got me thinking.

1. easy mind bind. The guy was crazy. It would be easy to make him crazier
    2. he was a marine and could play the card to get close to Chris without much, if any suspicion.

All I'm saying is that I am NOT buying the death of Noveske, Kyle and Ratliff as coincidence or happenstance. All guys from the same "vein" if you will. Tack on the crazies and the massacre's.. I see a pattern.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7