Chris Nuttall prayers & thoughts requested

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by DarkLight, Sep 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Originally posted in the Prayer thread on 9/7/2018

I usually don't start these threads and almost never on behalf of another, but I feel...prompted(?) or at least strongly enough that I need to post this one.

For those of you who frequent the Survival Reading forum, you are probably aware of @ChrisNuttall. I have been reading his stuff before he had anything published and was posting on the critique forum at Baen Books. He posted in one of his threads that his health wasn't good and they thought it was either a really bad infection or possibly aggressive lymphoma and the tests should be back soon.

Well, it turns out it was both. Chris is currently in the hospital and has had a drain in his lung while they try to clear up a resistant infection before he can start treatment for the lymphoma. Cancer is personal to me so maybe this is why I feel like I need to add his name to the prayer roll here, but whatever the reason, I am.

Chris has brought a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people through his writing. Whether he knew it at the time or not (or even remembers), he was encouraging to me when I started writing and I for one hope he kicks this things ass. I hope I'm not alone in that.

Prayers sent brother, stay strong!

For those of you who Facebook - Christopher G. Nuttall

For those of you who don't Facebook, that's the only place he's updated recently with the following:
    08/29/18
    It’s aggressive lymphoma. Treatment starts today. Wish me luck

08/31/18
    Still in hospital with a chest infection that needs to go before treatment. Not in a good state. Thank you for all the good wishes

09/05/18 (Proof Chris really is sick)
    September 18th (some good news for a change)
    (it's the announcement that "The Princess In The Tower" audio book is forthcoming)

09/07/18
    Still in hospital. The drain for my lung is supposed to be removed today, but it’s still full of crap. The infection is proving resistant, but the docs are hopeful. Thanks to everyone who prayed for me. I really appreciate it

Update on Chris Nuttall (via Facebook):
    09/14/18 - 18:52 EST (6:52 PM EST)

Started chemotherapy today. This is something of a calculated risk because the infection hasn’t gone, but it looks like the lymphoma is driving the infection. Please pray for me if you have a moment

2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Prayers outbound

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you @DarkLight for the continued up-dates. I have been thinking of Chris and prayers have continued. Please continue to let us know.

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@DarkLight Is he still in Malaysia taking treatment or back in the UK?

5. DarkLight

I believe he is in the UK at this point but I'm not positive. I'll see what I can find out though.

6. duane

duane Monkey+++

Prayers for him. I really enjoy his stories and the way he develops alternative worlds. His writing skills and shear output place him in a very elite group.

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers continue....

8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Continuing to pray for Chris and his family!

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Include me in the praying circle! I really enjoy his writing and have been wondering how things have been going for him..

11. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

+1 for prayers and thoughts for Chris and his family.

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Praying for you Chris, Pray that this comes to pass and a speedy recovery!

DarkLight, Sapper John and sec_monkey like this.
  13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Prayers for Chris.

14. DarkLight

Update - 09/17/2018 08:27 AM EST

Well, I’m feeling considerably better after the first set of treatments, but I have a second on the way, probably at the end of the week. I’ll be in hospital for a bit longer, it seems. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers - I’ll reply to individual emails when I get home.

Chris

Zimmy, Motomom34, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  15. squiddley

squiddley Monkey+++

Prayers sent Chris.

DarkLight likes this.
  16. $awdust

$awdust Monkey+++

I too am praying for you Chris, hope you are better very soon!

DarkLight likes this.
  17. DarkLight

Update - 09/20/2018 10:15 AM EST

Well, the second treatment is scheduled for tomorrow and, all going well, I can go home on Saturday. Been feeling a lot better so hopefully things will go well. Wish me luck.

18. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Thoughts and prayers continuing....

Gator 45/70 and DarkLight like this.
  19. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Same here

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and DarkLight like this.
  20. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

sent

DarkLight and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7