Christian Prepper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hillbill, Feb 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GhettoPass

GhettoPass Monkey+

No. That is no where in the Bible. However being a prepper is. In the last few chapters of Genesis, Joseph interprets Pharaohs dream and is put in charge of storing up 20% during plentiful 7 years to be used during 7 years of famine. The wisdom for this plan was Joseph's from God. We have this story for us to use. Let's be wise and during our plentiful times store up for the years of famine.

To the original question, I trust God for all my provisions. I use God's provision of wisdom to save a portion (after my tithe) for hard times we all encounter.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    NotSoSneaky and D2wing like this.
  2. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I agree with ghetto, I trust in God yet he gave us many warning signs and modern day teachers and writers. I just finished "The Mystery of the Shemitah" by Jonathan Cahn. He also wrote "the Harbinger". I have read the Left Behind series and several others. I doubt that they are all exactly right. For instance I am not sure about the Rapture. Pat Robertson says we will go through the Tribulation but God will provide. He doesn't believe in a pre-tribulation rapture.
    I have made some preparations and intend more. Yet God has taken good care of me in some rough times and I trust him. Also I am not afraid of dying, especially for being a Christian. It has come to that for many already and the pace is picking up. I think a person must pray about it if in doubt and The Lord will show you something or give you peace about it. Or keep getting ready until you get a leading otherwise. Also God never intended that we all do the same thing. We are individuals and must make our own way in co-operation as much as possible with others. Maybe some of us will still be waiting when we pass on.
    In other words, I think it wise to prepare but if you don't, I don't plan on arguing over it.

GhettoPass likes this.
  3. hillbill

hillbill tbell

thanks for all the replies,i was raised on a farm so I remember how it was. can and store up for the winter, long time till summer time. I guess I have got like a lot of other people and depended on walmart, but that may come to a quick end. I have gave a lot of thought about noah and joseph and they were led by God to store up so I feel better about doing. I have the protection I need and about three months supplies, now I want to glass in part of my back porch and install a wood stove in it for extra heat and a way to cook too.

GhettoPass and chelloveck like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

This sounds like a passive solar entry way airlock idea.

Air lock

Airlock Entryways

5. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I was reminded today that God has brought me through some very bad times, including when everyone including myself thought I had died in a horrible accident. It was a miracle that someone found my body and I either was still alive or had been revived. I spite of being apostate and doing lots of things I would be ashamed to list, God brought me through. And in spite of everything God has brought me back to relative health and prosperity. So I am not worried.
    But it still prudent to prepare.

1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. GhostX
  6. OldDude49
  7. duane
  8. OldDude49
  9. Brokor
  10. Minuteman
  11. chelloveck