Christianity = Collaboration

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by TwoCrows, Aug 2, 2012.

1. peanut

peanut Monkey+

It's not only Christians not fighting for their rights. In this judgemental and politically correct quagmire we call a country, people, in general, are too afraid to speak their minds because they might just offend someone. While some are quick to point out that Christians today aren't fighting for their rights, I disagree. Why the whoopla over Catholics having to provide birth control and the abortion pill? Why the Baptist ministers coming out against Obama's policies and his blatant disregard for personal religious rights/freedoms? It's hard to be a Christian when as soon as someone hears you're a Christian, they personally attack your belief's and attempt to twist what Christians hold sacred to make a point. They ridicule our beliefs, while asking why we are not standing up for our/their rights in the same breath. What exactly is it that Christians are expected to do to "fight for their rights?" Where does one draw the line? Is voting enough? Are people expecting some sort of homicidal reaction so that Christianity can make a point? I am aware that there are some out there that preach obedience to the government at any cost, but a true Christian who has a personal relationship with God, knows better. Comparing those chaplains to the black robe regiment is like comparing our current leadership to the Continental Congress. Where is the black robe regiment? Do believe the non-christians screamed for seperation of church and state many years ago, a sentiment that was echoed not that long ago when a representative of the people opened up the floor in prayer for rain to drought strickened regions. We won't even go into the whole Chic-fil-a thing, the protests over crosses at our soldier's graves, the hatred aimed at anyone perceived to be a minority, and newsflash, Christians are the minority. You can't have it both ways. Maybe a better question is where have the morals/tolerance/love for others of this country gone? The very spirit of this country has been altered. A nation that was founded on freedom and togetherness has been turned into a cesspool of hate and bigotry. In the video Clyde posted (great video btw), the black robe regiment preached that Christians were citizens of 2 worlds, I whole heartedly agree. While I will do my best to make this world better, who here can honestly say that the world can just continue the way it is? Does no one see how bad is? Who doesn't think that humanity will destroy ourselves eventually? How bad has it gotten in your lifetime alone? I'm 36 years old. When I was a teenager, watching kids duke it out in the hallway at school, occasional knife being pulled, I thought it couldn't get any worse. Now I send my 17 year old daughter to school and pray someone doesn't decide to shoot her. Some of you on this board are older than me and have watched the decline for much longer. I know what I can change, and at 36 I know I can't change the world. I can change myself, I can change my family, and I may even have a change on the individuals in my community. I can offer people information to find the peace, love, and grace that God has granted me, even though none of us, myself included, really deserve it. If the black robe regiment was around today, the way some of you have pictured, some of you would call them racisists and full of hate, ignorant about political correctness. You would not like the fact that they would preach that there is another world and what choices we make in this one will determine where we spend the next one. Some of you would absolutely despise what they say about this country's moral decline. Fact is, the black robe regiment is still around. I see them in preachers not afraid to preach biblical truth. I see them on this board in the form of Minuteman and others, who has taught me an aweful lot and has probably forgotten more than I will ever know, and, God willing, I see them in the mirror as I brush my teeth and ask God to give me the gonads to speak what I believe.

Sapper John, tulianr and BTPost like this.
  2. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Luke 22:36

cdnboy66 and tulianr like this.
  3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I like that one. But what happened to the whole "turn the other cheek" idea?

4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Wow, so much misinformation I don't know where to begin.

Two Crows, you are angry right now, and are directing it towards the wrong people. Unfortunetly, a lot of the information that you are basing your opinions on is false doctrine.

There is NO such thing as a secret rapture. When Christ returns, everyone will know about it. The secret raputre idea came from a Jesuit priest in the 1500's and it's called Preterminism. There is absolutely NO scriptures that give creadence to a secret rapture.

The end times are here and have been since 1844. After that, the bible doesn't go into exact dates like it did for previous times. The actual time of Christ's return isn't even known to the angels, but the signs are there, like an approaching storm. The strike of lightning can't be predicted, but you know it will happen when a thunderstorm is overhead.

The crux of your argument is based on what you think of the meek. Yes, God is in control at all times, and he put forth everything for our government to get to be the way it is. Can you fight it? Yes, if you want to. Will it do any good? No, not really.

But don't misunderstand. God isn't taking sides of countries, governments, or rebels, allies, etc. He is taking sides with His people. Their souls are what he wants to save. That's what he is after.

Don't get me wrong, if someone tries to kill me or my family, I am obligated to defend them and myself. But you need to understand WHO your enemy is so you know where to direct your energy. Most plainly, the enemy of mankind is Satan, not liberals, not marxists, etc. Those people may be working for him, as a matter of fact, most of the world is working for Satan and not The Creator.

Our country has a place in biblical prophesy, most notibly in Revelations as the "Beast from the Earth with two horns" that doesn't really resemble the USA that we know and love. Somethings going to happen to make it a dictatorship that will force the rest of the world to "Take the mark of the beast." Most people are content to believe that when people are told to line up and get chipped, tattooed, etc that that is when they are going to start praying. Friends, that isn't the mark that you should be looking for, and when the time comes and it is revealed, it will be too late to change.

The "Mark of the beast" has to do with being forced to worship a worldly system and not that of The Creator. He gave us a set of rules to live by, the ten commandments, that were written plainly and need no interpretation. They were written in stone by the hand of God Himself, and are still in effect today. Jesus dieing on the cross did not change that.

There is so much information about what is about to unfold, that I cannot even begin to touch on it. I would recommend that you do yourself a favor and watch a few of these videos that cover the book of Daniel and Revelations with a keen, fact-based lectures, 204 and up: http://amazingdiscoveries.tv/c/2/Total Onslaught - English/

Sapper John, tulianr and Minuteman like this.
  5. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

^^^^^^^^^........well said!!!!

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

The "turn the other cheek" reference is part of what I call "The Jesus Myth". I have a whole study on this subject that outlines and debunks the whole Gandhi like, Jesus the pacifist myth that has been perpetrated by many over the years. As in most things but most especially with scripture it comes down to three things, context, context, and context. The above quote is referencing the behavior and conduct we should exhibit one to the other, within the ranks of our "brothers". In the original languages it is quite clear that it is referring to the conduct of one believer to another not to the world in general.

tacmotusn likes this.
  7. tulianr

I don't want to put you to too much trouble, but I would appreciate your views on that subject in particular.

I've always wondered how individual Christians resolved the apparent disconnect between the whole "meek shall inherit the Earth" thing, and visiting physical violence on ones fellow man. I myself simply ignored it, as do most of the Christians to whom I have ever spoken about it; mainly other Marines. Most Christians, even Evangelicals, with whom I have discussed the subject, immediately jump to the Old Testament, and try to ignore all of the New Testament strictures on the use of violence. If you can convincingly use the New Testament to turn Jesus into Rambo, I'd love to see something on it. :)

8. Minuteman

tuli I would love to go into that topic in more detail. It may have to wait a day or two though. I spent most of this afternoon, at work, composing the thread "The Meeting".

I show that he was maybe not Rambo but certainly not the turn the other cheek, meek and mild mannered Jesus that has been passed off. He is more the turn over the tables, beat em with a rope, kick ass and take names type found in the story of running the money changers out of the temple. Righteous anger is not a sin or discouraged in all of scripture. And my favorite apostles are James and John. They were nicknamed "The sons of thunder". Big,muscled, bearded and loud men of action. And it is said that Peter had a foul mouth and quick temper. Not quite the picture portrayed in Sunday school!!!

tulianr likes this.
  9. Chizel21

Chizel21 Monkey

I would love to read that study, do you have a link to it? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Minuteman

I have dozens of studies I have done over the years that are in notebooks. I only entered the digital age kicking and screaming a few years ago. My plan is when I retire to get to work and convert all of that research to a digital format. I tend to do an abbreviated synopsis in threads here concerning different topics. Much of it is stored in my brain, I am blessed to have a very good memory, unfortunately it isn't possible to link to it! LOL.

11. Chizel21

Chizel21 Monkey

Lol, I understand. When I get back at my computer I am going to send ya a pm about something too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

I wanted to say THANK YOU, for this link, I will be engrossed for some time I think watching these vids.
    Very good lecturer and pertinent information
    I have just finished the first lecture (204) and look forward to a chance to watch the rest

13. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

The problem with picking out one passage and using that to claim Christianity equals collaboration is that it does not have the complete context. The passages right after this ine go on to say that love of Gid and neighbor are the supreme law of the land and the ultimate purpose of all religious and secular authority.

Any authority that violates life, liberty and property of its citizens/subjects is against this law of love and therefore illegitimate.

Just the Bible also says a wife should obey her husband it goes on to say the husband should love and treat well his wife. If a husband abuses his wife then he no longer has a legitimate claim to her obedience. If the husband truly loves and cares for his wife then she has every reason to willingly obey and he would never command her frivolously or abusively.

Exactly the same relationship and dual responsibilities of subject and authority.

People should not cherry pick passages of Scripture out of context to criticize that very religion when they themselves do not even understand the faith or its Scripture. Only highlights their own ignorance.

Sapper John, BTPost and gunbunny like this.
  14. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

The passage is the one that the .gov used through the pastors to get the sheep to co-operate with being disarmed.

When the pastors of the churches tell their congregations to obey an unjust, illegitimate govt., do not blame me or claim that it is my ignorance.

15. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

I don't think anybody is jamming on you personally, but you do come across as picking a bit of a fight over a miniscule portion of text, while your impression may be that the pastors are leading their sheep astray over this one reference to scripture; I read that most here
    ( and hopefully all in the faith) are willing to do some self study and prayerful interpretation before blindly obeying anyones commands or "strong suggestions".
    Though, there are some whom will blindly follow out of ignorance, laziness or both and I think your sermon may be better suited for that audience.

Cheers

tulianr likes this.
  16. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

cdnboy66 is right- scriptures must be read all the way through to understand them. There are only two places in the bible that require interpretation: parts of the book of Daniel, and Revelations. Other than that, no "interpetation" is needed- a lot like our Constitution! Read it as it is, just remember to have a historical context for the time that it was written. Yes, there is the crux.

BTPost likes this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

ANYONE who allows another, to do their interpretation of Scripture, for them, is a fool, and a sheep, and deserves what they get, in my estimation... It is fine to read another's thoughts on any scripture or subject, but to let them set your Personal Belief, is folly.... If you have a GOD, and if He is a Just GOD, then he has, and will give you, a Personal Confirmation of the Truth, of any belief, or Scripture Passage. You just need to ASK. So says every Book of Scripture ever written, by the command of GOD. If you can't read the words, LEARN TO... rather than give yourself over to another's whim.... The Word is there, waiting for you, you just have to do YOUR PART.... Read, Search, Ask, and learn.... for yourself, and leave out the middleman... They just get in the way.... NEVER allow ANYONE to get between YOU and your GOD.... EVER..... My Belief.... YMMV....

Sapper John and cdnboy66 like this.
  18. tulianr

AMEN!

19. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

If that is not your opinion then of course it is not directed to you. If some pastors used it then it indicates their ignorance or corruption. I mean, even Rev. Wright calls himself Christian!

20. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

BTPost....[applaud]preach it Brother!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7