Christmas Present for Momma....

Discussion in 'Blades' started by BTPost, Dec 21, 2011.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

A Christmas Present showed up in the mail today.

Hand forged in a Home Made forge. Hand-made Sheath, with a Fire-steel.

This was the senders first attempt, at KnifeMaking, and Momma and I are very Happy to accept this Knife, and put it under our tree.
    Present.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nice. I like that twist!

3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Very Nice, particularly for a first attempt. It looks like he's been building knives for years.

This is the only group of people that I know that doesn't look oddly at me for the gifts that I buy for my wife. My wife is getting a rifle that she's had her eye on, and enough ammo to go have fun with it.

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

That is nice, I like it because it is different.

5. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

I take it that Momma is going to be home for Christmas, then? You had said she was away on a mission. Life must be one long series of honeymoons for you too, eh!!!

Love the knife....quite unique. If this is just the first attempt, look out world, here comes one amazing knife creator!

I recall when I was a 19-year-old, in love, but getting ready to emigrate to Canada (alone)...it's a long story, haha!....my boy friend made me a knife and on the blade he etched a small sailing ship riding on the waves, being blown by a wind from a pair of puffed out cheeks, signifying my leaving by ship to Canada. I treasured it for years but your post brought it back to mind and danged if I know where it went...if it turns up, I will upload a photo.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Granny, She came home, the first of October, after 60 days in the field, and has been here, since. I wouldn't say "Honeymoon" but more like getting used to each other, again.... but after 40 years, we pretty much know each other, fairly well. I love this present we received much more, because it came from a fellow Monkey Couple, who we hooked up with this last year. They, like most Monkeys, are good "Salt of the Earth" folks, who just like US, take care of our own, and help others as we see the need. That is why Momma and I are here. This is the mantra of SurvivalMonkey.com, and THAT is a very GOOD thing. ..... YMMV....

weegrannymush, Cephus and Falcon15 like this.
  7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Most excellent knife. I am looking for one for Mrs. Falc, to surprise her for Christmas. I sold a few "antique" knick-knacks I have had forever, have some cash on hand and want to get her a solid fixed blade.

8. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

Very sweet knife! You just got to love the kind of woman that is happy when you give her a big knife as a gift.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7