Chronicles of Armageddon

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by VisuTrac, Aug 7, 2011.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Beast, you nailed it right there.
    Gold is money because people feel that it is a compact form of value that they can carry around. Weights less than trying to drag around 1k 30-06, a side of beef, 6 55gal drums of unleaded gas and a couple gallons of Gentleman Jack.

But both sides of the equation are the same. Just depends if you have a base or are on the move.

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Why, based on your previous comments, would you want that "garbage" gold? Additionally, are you calling people who would take "garbage" in trade for "something of real value" stupid? Because, the only reason a person would take one item for another is based upon an equitable trade of value - this is barter BTW - unless they are stupid. Based upon the logic of your statements, if I possess gold, I can get food, booze, and weapons (which is patently true, BTW). If you have half a brain, you prep precious metals last. That is after you already have food, water, and weapons, then those who so desire get gold. Those that do not lose whatever "money" they had in the system in the event of a collapse, which is what this thread is about anyhow.

I have thought about it, long and hard. All of my basic preps were in place long before I started down the precious metals path. To each his own. YMMV. Peace and good luck to you.

mysterymet and BTPost like this.
  3. VisuTrac

Sweet! Free Money (almost)

08/09/11 18:40 GMT
    FOMC decide to keep interest rates at 0-0.25%
    and the dollar drops 400 basis points on the news.
    Now isn't that special (said in church lady voice)

oh yeah and the FOMC says it's going to stay exceptionally low probably until mid 2013.

4. beast

beast backwoodsman

thats cool falcon, i dont want any gold tho, to me it is useless
    i was just saying with my skills and stockpiles that i could trade for gold at any rate i choose
    everyone needs to eat and drink and will give every bauble of gold they
    have for a bite of food when they are hungry but they sure wont give away a sandwich for an ounce of metal they cant chew
    batter & trade are great when everyone is on the same level
    supply and demand kinda cause severe changes tho
    and hunger and thirst make even greater ones

sorry if i insult anyone when i get typing, i am certainly not callin anyone here stupid
    i just get rattlin on the keys and dont thinkl

5. Falcon15

ECB prints billions of Euros to buy up worthless Italian bonds, but it is a little to late. Italian markets forced to close because the bottom is dropping out...
    Treasury Bond Yields on the 2 and 10 year bonds drops to 0%.
    Markets close in the US. Dead cat bounce of 400 points to the positive on the DJIA. Small potatoes compared to the past 11 days of negatives.
    Asia is awakening to the news from the FMOC. They have for years vociferously threatened to dump toxic investments...the drama continues to unfold.
    Will Asia hold together? Will gold spike upwards and the dollar spiral into its final throes of viability? Will Europe explode into mass chaos and hyperinflation? Enquiring minds want to know...

6. VisuTrac

Hey I just thought of something. What if there were an electronic trading glitch? Man that would be major suckage.

So would China saying something like 'Well, we have a trillion dollars collateral we want california, hawaii and manhattan. That ought to make it even' or 'You owe us 1 treeeeeeeelion dollars or you know that strange missile launch last year, yeah, that.'

or Opec saying 'Gold 1/20 ounce per bbl, cash bwahahahahahahah'

or Canada closing it's borders to US migrant workers.

7. Falcon15

China would, for simplicity sake, eat the "interest" they would earn off of the collateral they hold in the form of Treasury Bonds, by selling them off before they are due.
    See, a little known fact is China has a bid in to the IMF to replace the Dollar with the Yuan as reserve currency of the world.

Additionally, they would literally destroy the United States without ever having fired a single shot.

Brazil, Russia, India, and China all have unilateral trade agreements that do not involve the dollar. The only reason the Dollar is he reserve currency is because OPEC only accepts US Dollars for oil. That will change very soon to Gold for oil, because frankly the Dollar is not even fit as toilet paper.

8. beast

beast backwoodsman

"That will change very soon to Gold for oil, because frankly the Dollar is not even fit as toilet paper." falcon15

it never really was, just too damned small for such use :p

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Yeah and people think oil is expensive now... Just wait.

10. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

8/10/2011-Economists raise percentage of recession probability and warn this one will be a lot worse.

11. Falcon15

8-10-11 The DJIA opens on a positive note because Rule 48 is invoked before the opening bell. In no time at all, the DOW sees massive sell off - losing every bit of the nominal "gain" gotten yesterday, achieved by the automatic trades performed by computers, and money floods into Treasuries (bad investment call IMO) and Gold.

As the dollar weakens, commodities like oil and gold rise. Silver is again manipulated to keep it low. According to silver analysts if silver were allowed to take off, the demand for physical silver on the market would quickly deplete available silver stocks, endangering the industrial sectors that rely heavily on the metal, like the electronics industry.

News item Singapore: Asian markets are lukewarm amid fears that the weakening Dollar will cause their inflation to spiral out of control. Massive market moves expected soon.

12. Falcon15

8-10-2011 - NASDAQ sends out urgent alert email 24 minutes before close. If more than 99,000,000 updates are requested through their specified quoting/trading channels the system will stop and reset. They claim: Because the automatic trade handling system has reset parameters set it should not affect trading. The system is riding less than 10% from total reset. (I smell a rat)

In related news the Dow is down a total of 510 points from opening today, completely eliminating the 400 point gain from yesterday afternoon, and marking the 14th straight day of losses on this market.

The Morgan Stanley system shut down again for the 2nd time in 3 days, not allowing 401K and other equity investors to check and work with their accounts. In both instances, the DOW had plummeted more than 300 points shortly before the "glitch" in their system (I smell another rat).

And in a final bit of news fully 73% of Americans polled think America is headed in the wrong economic direction. Seems like the sheep are starting to become aware there is a wolf among them.

13. VisuTrac

You know, in the back of your mind that you shouldn't speculate on penny stocks. The question is, what do you do when they are all penny stocks?

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You think... "It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of Folks"....... and go on your way......

15. Falcon15

16. Falcon15

From Zerohedge.com:

17. Falcon15

18. beast

beast backwoodsman

tried several times, link is dead

19. Falcon15

Just checked it again, worked fine for me. Try this one here...

20. beast

beast backwoodsman

hmmm, thanks but im still not getting thru
    its ok ill live without it

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7