Cider vinegar shots!

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by hot diggity, Mar 7, 2019.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I find these at several grocery stores. I like the two pictured. Trouble is, I'm cheap, and they're not. There are larger and more economical bottles of cider vinegar available, but I'd have to add my own extras. :) Honey I have, but turmeric or ginger in a powder is tougher. I could probably use a file on a ginger root and make a powerful mix.

I had tried cider vinegar and lemon juice in water as a morning drink, but find that I really prefer the concentrated shots. (That's a red Solo shot size cup on top of the bottle) I'm wondering if any of you cider vinegar fans have any special recipes to share?
    [​IMG]

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I like mine in a 8 oz glass of raw apple cider ( or cherry juice) with honey, cinnamon, and pulverized mint leaf, turmeric, and a shot of thick black strap Bermuda Rum!

Another blend is Apple Cider Vinegar, life water, a spoon full of baking soda, a half spoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and a 1/4 spoon of iodized salt, and a bunch of crushed mint and honey! Mix in a 8oz or larger class and slam it!

Lemon iced sweet tea ( made with life water), apple cider vinagar, honey and mint! Actually quite refreshing!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I usually just take a big swig of straight Braggs apple cider vinegar . Once you get used to it , it goes down a little easier . You can actually feel it tingling throughout your body ,,, that's just the best way I can explain it .

4. hot diggity

I found a five pound bag of organic turmeric powder for $33.11, so things are looking up already. I'll start smaller, because my tastes change over time. I still have two cases of tonic water... maybe it would make an interesting mixer with cider vinegar.

I can't bear to mix with alcohol, although it sounds interesting. The most mixing I do any more is with rye whiskey, and then I only add three drops of spring water to a glass. No ice.

gii shi kan dug and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Try with a little black strap molasses Rum, just to infuse enough to where you just start to taste it!

I use Goslings Black Seal rum, its pretty inexpensive, and has a great flavor, more importantly is is a true black strap with all the goodness of molasses!

gii shi kan dug and hot diggity like this.
  6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Grate freash ginger &/or tumiric and cover with the A/C vinega (preferably the live stuff with the mother), let sit for a couple weeks min then strain. Longer is fine.
    Sip... make a face cause its freaking strong, dilute to acceptible level of sippyness.

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

I do mine the same way with the rum other than I drink the Rum straight and toss the Apple cider vinegar on the weeds

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You drink hydrogen peroxide? Isn't that dangerous? With the combo of ACV, I would think it would eat away at the lining of your stomach.

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I think there is a food grade hydrogen peroxide. I've heard it helps in a lot of body ailments , but I've never really looked into it.

10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I do mine in 8 oz of water it makes a kind of tart lemonade

I cannot do straight shots

@runswithdogs why ginger? I might try this

11. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

Straight ACV right outta the bottle, no measure, just a swig.

12. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

OP was asking about ginger/tumric.
    Plus ginger has a lot of good health perks. You could try it with pretty much any hebs/spices etc... horseradish might not be so apealing though....:cautious:

13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

lol the OP is @hot diggity he likes spicy [touchdown]:lol:

14. hot diggity

(y) That I do.

15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

As long as you dont go above 3% and use "Dental grade" which is fancy for saying its food grade, your good!

16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

What exactly does Cider Vinegar do for you? I imagine it has lots of vitamin C but I already take a 1000mg tablet a day for that... So, what would I get out of Cider Vinegar?

gii shi kan dug likes this.
  17. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

15 Ways Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits Your Health

I know Reader's Digest, but just do a search and find more than you can imagine about ACV.

gii shi kan dug and Bandit99 like this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I buy cider vinegar by the gallon and when I take it I generally just shoot down a cap full.

gii shi kan dug and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. hot diggity

I got some turmeric powder, Black Seal Rum, honey, and cider vinegar with the Mother today. I'd be whipping up some mixes to sample, but I've been busy sampling some local corn whiskey. o_O It's shockingly different from my usual single malt Scotch, but it seems to be getting better. ;) A good candidate for the flask.

gii shi kan dug, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Black Seal Rum and Apple Cider Vinegar :ROFLMAO:[LMAO]

Ura-Ki likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Motomom34
  18. Gator 45/70
  19. Ganado
  20. Ganado