Citibank refusing Firearms related charges

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Jan 11, 2008.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I am ready to throw my hammer at my TeeVee screen and strangle a cat.

Why does no one 'cept a handful seem to think the noose is tightening? AGGGGGHHHH!

I predict most of us will be turning our guns in within the 12 months from now.

http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704
    nssf = National Shooting Sports Foundation.

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please call 303-488-8000 or toll-free 800-735-3362.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

we are ****ed.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Now that is really ****ed-up. I have enough guns to outfit a small army; maybe it's time I should consider doing just that.

3. melbo

I hate to think that we are running out of solutions to the mess we live in.

Viva Marshmallows

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

PC was never a solution, only a sop for the touchy feely, soft skinned folks that can't imagine (or handle) reality.

5. melbo

Ouch G,

6. ghrit

Yup.[lolol]

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

"wot in'ell" promulgated("promulgated"?) instigated this action by citi bank ???A sudden overdose of liberalism? If hillary pulls this off,the12-15 month time frame maybe reasonable .

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Ditto, maybe we should start trading addresses and meeting locations, on a secure site, just in case??? If it goes to shit and the internet goes down, we are screwed except for help from the local poeple you know.

9. evilgijoe88

evilgijoe88 Monkey+++

dont forget spare parts and mags. i still need to upgrade my collection. sadly here the places are a rip off so it has to be online orders

10. ghrit

No such thing any more. Face to face is the only safe way these days, and then only if you are sure you weren't followed. (Even I am getting paranoid these days.) What a world we live in.

Why did citi do it? Fear of something, maybe, or an overwhelming desire to attract customers from the left. Maybe trying to develop a brand, to provoke a Pavlovian response among the anti's, to become the bank of choice for PETA. Who knows?

I hope CDNN sues their socks off. The bank itself has no legal authority to seize private property. There is something we aren't seeing here. Then again, it is pretty early in the day, and I could be confused. [troll]

11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

LMFAO this is going to get started soon. ohhhhhhhhh man I'm ready to toss that SOB TV in the river .

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Funny, I just noticed one of the advertisers Sponsoring Links is CitiCards

13. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

...and only in this thread, too (you've got me looking, now).

Good eye!

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I'm going to the range and blow some ammo and then Order two new rifles just in spite.

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Agreed (disturbs me how much paranoia has crept into my daily transactions..) .. time for regional get togethers, (bbq's), maybe coming to a close???Or am I overreacting? One overt act takes idle talk from just that to "conspiracy" you can talk about " bank robbery", but when someone in the discussion goes out and buys bunny halloween masks, in the eyes of le ,you've crossed a serious line. I don't know for sure if; some alphabet dweeb in a cubicle( who thinks he's jack ryan) is reading the monkey and 6 other boards everyday and filing reports some where...
    but my paranoia won't dismiss it either.With the "emotionally troubled vets being denied firearms" bills about, I am concerned enough to temper my rhetoric a bit....perhaps a yearly monkey schutzenfest would fly like "knob creek".After all what's the harm in a bunch of guys and gals getting together for a "pig pickin' " so far thats legal. IMHO Swapping clear text info online is a bad idea.[coffee2][boozingbuddies]

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Finally some of you are coming around to where I have been waiting patiently for so long now.

A revolution is the only way. Guerilla tactics are VERY reliable and near impossible to extinguish.

Now. You MUST know that the BANKS create the world, because they...OWN IT. Why are some of you surprised? It's not like these people despise GUNS -for crying out loud, GUNS have reinforced and funded their global enterprise for centuries! Who do you think starts the wars, FUNDS both sides with their paper money, and then sells them the arms to kill?

Listen. The globalists do not want to start a panic. The change will not come overnight, all guns won't be banned in a single act, and not all banks will suddenly make gun purchases reason to cancel the account. This is a feel, a test. It guages response and checks to see if there is enough protest to get in the way of future implementation of similar acts. The last thing they want is a combined effort to take up arms against the government. In doing things this way, the general public is conditioned to accept small changes, and with incremental adaptations, the People will eventually be complacent enough to no longer resist the "necessary" changes that will eventually lead up to the police state and the openly declared dictatorship or world government.

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So Brokor; the country needs an enema ,
    where do we stick the 7.62mm nozzle?[lolol]

18. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Perhaps that will be enough motivation for melbo to rid the site of the sponsored links [stirpot]

Time to dig a deeper hole or fall off the face of the earth

19. melbo

Those ads used to only show for guests. I'm working on that tonight and trying to figure some other things out as well.

But, those google ads are 'smart', as in they pick up on a few keywords and attempt to deliver an ad that is content specific with what is on the rest of the page.

A Citi ad makes perfect sense. Now, If you click on it, Citi is charged so you can vote for or against them that way.... ;)

20. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

My mission tonight is to click on Citibank 100 times :)

Aw, hell. It's gone now.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7