City won't return seized money

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by kckndrgn, Dec 9, 2010.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Despite court order, Aurora refuses to return seized cash - Chicago Breaking News

In a nutshell, two guys pulled over and searched. $190k seized and no charges are brought against the guys, they did nothing wrong (except maybe allowing the cops to search their vehicle).
    They asked for their money back, the city said NO, so they went to court. The court ordered the city to return the money, the city said they were appealing the ruling and would not return it.

Time for some people in that cities government to go!

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm thinking a prophylactic 45 cal enema to control the spread of that disease. Maybe some of Chicago's former pols should have the same treatment.
    Gotta admit that 190K was more than they needed for gas and groceries money. That said, no charges, give it back and with interest.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I don't even think they have grounds for an appeal unless there are criminal proceedings against the guys who had their money stolen by cops.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

They will probably have some of the money tested for drug residue. They will find it. They will try to claim then that proves it is ill gotten gains from the illegal drug trade. Truth is.... over 80% of all US currency $20 or larger has drug residue on it. It just does. Common fact!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Time to hang the City leaders by the neck....... get a few of these jackals swinging in the wind, the rest will straighten up.

6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I would file a police report for theft. I am pretty sure that theft of an amount that large probably makes it an auto felony. I'd list everyone involved starting with the officers who made the arrest.

7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

If they do get it back from DHS, how much do you want to bet the IRS will be waiting for them to prove where it came from and that tax has been paid?

8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

lol. Yeah. Man, dealing with the Mafia is nothing like what is portrayed in the Sopranos.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7