Civil War II?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ghrit, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I had a looksee for the author, to see what else he may have scribbled on the subject (or any other.) A total failure, that search, so I can’t authenticate a word of it. No matter who wrote it, well, here ‘tis for what it’s worth,.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

An interesting perspective by David Vincent Gilbert. In my lifetime I can’t recall that the results of an election were effectively negated by the opposition.
    How do civil wars happen?
    Two or more sides disagree on who runs the country.
    And they can’t settle the question through elections because they don’t even agree that elections are how you decide who’s in charge.
    That’s the basic issue here. Who decides who runs the country? When you hate each other but accept the election results, you have a country. When you stop accepting election results, you have a countdown to a civil war.
    The Mueller investigation is about removing President Trump from office and overturning the results of an election. We all know that. But it’s not the first time they’ve done this. The first time a Republican president was elected this century, they said he didn’t really win. The Supreme Court gave him the election. There’s a pattern here.
    What do sure odds of the Democrats rejecting the next Republican president really mean? It means they don’t accept the results of any election that they don’t win It means they don’t believe that transfers of power in this country are determined by elections.

That’s a civil war.
    There’s no shooting. At least not unless you count the attempt to kill a bunch of Republicans at a charity baseball game practice. But the Democrats have rejected our system of government.
    This isn’t dissent. It’s not disagreement. You can hate the other party. You can think they’re the worst thing that ever happened to the country. But then you work harder to win the next election.
    When you consistently reject the results of elections that you don’t win, what you want is a dictatorship.
    Your very own dictatorship.
    The only legitimate exercise of power in this country, according to Democrats, is its own. Whenever Republicans exercise power, it’s inherently illegitimate. The Democrats lost Congress They lost the White House. So what did they do? They began trying to run the country through Federal judges and bureaucrats. Every time that a Federal judge issues an order saying that the President of the United States can’t scratch his own back without his say so, that’s the civil war.
    Our system of government is based on the constitution, but that’s not the system that runs this country. The Democrat's system is that any part of government that it runs gets total and unlimited power over the country.
    If the Democrats are in the White House, then the president can do anything. And I mean anything. He can have his own amnesty for illegal aliens. He can fine you for not having health insurance His power is unlimited. He’s a dictator.
    But when Republicans get into the White House, suddenly the President can’t do anything. He isn’t even allowed to undo the illegal alien amnesty that his predecessor illegally invented. A Democrat in the White House has “discretion” to completely decide every aspect of immigration policy. A Republican doesn’t even have the “discretion” to reverse him. That’s how the game is played. That’s how our country is run. Sad but true, although the left hasn’t yet won that particular fight.
    When a Democrat is in the White House, states aren’t even allowed to enforce immigration law. But when a Republican is in the White House, states can create their own immigration laws. Under Obama, a state wasn’t allowed to go to the bathroom without asking permission. But under Trump, Jerry Brown can go around saying that California is an independent republic and sign treaties with other countries.

The Constitution has something to say about that.
    Whether it’s Federal or State, Executive, Legislative or Judiciary, the left moves power around to run the country. If it controls an institution, then that institution is suddenly the supreme power in the land. This is what I call a moving dictatorship.
    Donald Trump has caused the Shadow Government to come out of hiding: Professional government is a guild. Like medieval guilds. You can’t serve in if you’re not a member. If you haven’t been indoctrinated into its arcane rituals. If you aren’t in the club. And Trump isn’t in the club. He brought in a bunch of people who aren’t in the club with him.
    Now we’re seeing what the pros do when amateurs try to walk in on them. They spy on them, they investigate them and they send them to jail. They use the tools of power to bring them down.

That’s not a free country.
    It’s not a free country when FBI agents who support Hillary take out an “insurance policy” against Trump winning the election. It’s not a free country when Obama officials engage in massive unmasking of the opposition. It’s not a free country when the media responds to the other guy winning by trying to ban the conservative media that supported him from social media. It’s not a free country when all of the above collude together to overturn an election because the guy who wasn’t supposed to win.
    Have no doubt, we’re in a civil war between conservative volunteer government and a leftist Democrat professional government.

David Vincent Gilbert

Tully Mars, sarawolf, duane and 11 others like this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Maybe if a number of their key leader's fell ill with something just like "Cross Clinton terminal disease" .... it would put them into disarray and make them a lot less effective?

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, he is making one assumption, over and over again, which is incorrect and that is we are not a free country, no matter how they sugar-coat it or what fairy tales they tell. And, once you realize this then everything falls into place.

As far as a Civil War...it's coming or something like it is coming. I would bet we will have several upheavals first, serious bloody ones, before we final get to a full Civil War but since 'violence begets violence', I'm probably wrong about that...

But, personally, I am fed up. So, I will say it. Yes, I am an advocate for Civil War or something that stops, once and for all, the erosion of this country's traditions, its founding principles, and its citizen's rights. There is so much wrong here that I could write all day and not begin to document it all. While the Constitution is an amazing document, written by genius, it has loopholes which our forefathers could not foresee and the 21st century traitors take advantage.

Frankly, I am so fed up that I would support a military coup because I trust the U.S. military much more than my own government. Horrible to say but, God help me, it is the truth.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

It's all ready begun, the latest attacks upon our freedoms shows it to be ramping up in tempo and depth. They don't even bother lieing about it any more! Sad days ahead, but necessity drives it from both sides. Side A wants to push forward with it because it opens the financials and gets things aligned the way they need for whay ever you wanna call it, agenda21, NWO, Utopia, ECT. Side B knows it's comming, they have felt the subtle shift, and seen the lies for what they are. They took the red pill and have seen through their own eyes the changes and the removal of rights. I'm not going to type it all out, but it's YUGE! The 2nd is about the only defence side B has, and in order for us to be effective with it, we ether have to fight to the death to keep it, or fight to the death despite its loss, ether way, we will be fighting! In Several States, this has come under extremely focused attack, mandatory turn in, registration, capasity bans, the list is extensive. We as citizens must resist at all costs, we have a chance if we can stave off our States, but we have to be smart, and we have to be ready to fight any loss goin forward! I fear for my son's, both currently serving, both sort of out of the loop. I gear they will be orderd to do things they know to be wrong, worse, I fear they will not be able to stop what's comming from the inside, I know full well, there are officers who have been brain washed and or are blind enough to be manipulated by untruths to allow the Mil to be used against the citizens. Obummer made that even more possable with his Executive order allowing them to operate on our own soil! That alown should have got him strung up, but it was allowed to go forward.

There is a increase in chatter about foreign fighters all ready here, the so call3d sleeper cells, and while it may be a bit of tin foil, it may come to pass. I hadn't seen much personally to convince me of this, but all the same, it' now on my radar a little more! This November is going to be VERY telling, ether enough sheeple have awoken and see things for what they are and stop things at the ballot box, or we get well and truly trounced and things get Sporty after ward! I can' predict the future, but I can smell the blood allready! I'm frightened, but I'm also ready to go and do patriot shit!

5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Less of a set piece civil war than a series of genocides and a bunch of refugees fleeing to like-minded fragments of the Union, I expect.

I foresee a collapse, not unlike Yugoslavia most likely. Including the foreign peacekeepers

GOG, Tully Mars, Lancer and 2 others like this.
  6. Bandit99

"I foresee a collapse, not unlike Yugoslavia most likely. Including the foreign peacekeepers"
    I can agree that it could turn out much like Yugoslavia, neighbor killing neighbor, and with each death being a cause and effect for more and more death.

But, can't agree, about foreign peacekeepers here. First, the countries that have real soldiers wouldn't let them come (UK, Australia, Germany, France, etc.). Secondly, third-rate soldiers would be more trouble than they are worth and are totally unreliable. Finally, the sides that allows a foreign soldier onto this soil has lost the propaganda war, and by doing so, probably the war itself. I just cannot see this happening...

Zimmy, oldawg and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

I'm in

Bandit99, Lancer and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Mercenaries ( Private contractors, Blackwater, Halliburton, et all ) combined with Obummers executive order will be the traitors we really need to watch out for! I'm fairly certain there will be LEO as well as other trouble makers acting out in this! The general rabble will be more an annoyance then any thing else, and will be quickly eliminated!

Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and Bandit99 like this.
  9. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

I've always assumed that an American Civil II would result in the Balkanization of the states. The northeast metros and their intercity corridors. Same for the west. The folks in the hill-towns of New York will starve Albany into submission, but there's still NYC. Central and eastern folks in CA, and the left armpit will split off from their cities. Bringing in blue helmets or other external forces would be a massive gamble, and while the city people my like the novelty for a time, any occupying force is always driven out if they can't actually conquer what they're occupying.
    And the liberals in the cities that are pushing for this really, REALLY need to consider where their power water, and foodstuffs come from and who actually controls their datacomms. Those routers, even sat based links require power.
    A complete Charlie-Foxtrot. I'll buy more ammo this evening on my way home...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    GOG, Tully Mars, Gafarmboy and 5 others like this.
  10. Bandit99

@Ura-Ki "Mercenaries ( Private contractors, Blackwater, Halliburton, et all ) combined with Obummers executive order will be the traitors we really need to watch out for! I'm fairly certain there will be LEO as well as other trouble makers acting out in this!..."

You know, I never thought about Mercs until now. They indeed could be a problem...but again they might be a recruiting tool for the opposition, especially if they run amuck, as history has shown they always do when used in such a scenario. The first to come to mind are the 'Black & Tans'... As far as the LEOs - well - I wonder... There is a big difference between being a police officer catching the bad guys for a simple paycheck to put food on the table than certain death from a gun behind every blade of grass, leaving a widow and fatherless children.

Tully Mars, Dont, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Expect false flag operations to pit what should be allies against each other as well.

Tully Mars, Dont, Bandit99 and 3 others like this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Please let it happen in winter.

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. duane

duane Monkey+++

Battle is not limited to the national arena, it is being fought and lost at the local level. Here in New Hampshire, the leftest green people have an effective veto over many things. Bring in immigrants, state and town said that they couldn't integrate nor pay for the ones already sent in, over ruled. build a new gas pipeline that would save about 1 billion a year, over ruled as it would promote fracking, build a transmission line to bring clean hydro power from Canada, over ruled as it would go thru a national forest along side a highway and discourage solar, build a wind farm, over ruled, it could be seen from a nature reserve, graffiti that said immigrants on welfare live here, true, called hate crime and jail last I heard, boycott your business because you won't hire unqualified minorities that you don't need, protected speech, oppose raising taxes to cover out of control police, educational and civil servant expenses, it is classified almost as a hate crime, read a newspaper, listen to a radio station, or watch TV and see anything but leftest anti gun, anti Trump, pro leftest agenda, good luck. Still some foot dragging in New Hampshire, but rest of New England is firmly under control of something other than a constitutional democracy. Those of us who disagree live in a police state that barely tolerates us now and is getting steadily more oppressive. They are taking all of our 2 nd amendment rights away, trying to limit home schooling and private property rights, limiting freedom of other than correct speech, etc. I would argue that in large sections of the country, urban California, Washington, Oregon, most of the urban central and eastern US urban areas, most educational institutions, etc, the battle is over and toleration and grey man are all that is left for us. The democraps will with their brainwashing and immigration policies soon receive over 50 % of the votes and they will cement their power by demonizing and marginalizing any one that doesn't totally support their policies and will only give up power after a revolution, either peaceful or violent. Their actions over the last 20 years of an organized program to de legitimize and limit any political, social, environmental, of economic action that they do not approve of is reaching a national tipping point and is already firmly established over much of the US.

Tully Mars, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would think at the end of summer would be a better time.... Making it harder, for longer, and keep the Opposition in the Cities and Suburbs, where they can be Big Shots, instead of Dead Bodies.... This way if the decide to roll out into the countryside, ambushes are easily planned, at choke points, that are well know by the locals... Like at Bridge Crossings and Passes.... Blow up the Lead vehicle, and the Tail vehicle, and then and slowly, methodically, destroy the ones inbetween...

GOG, Tully Mars, Dont and 4 others like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That has allready taken place to an extent. The division of races has done so much damage as to be nearly impossible to undo in the time needed. That really saddens me, some of the very best out there are non whites, and I would be sorry not to have them at my side, shoulder to shoulder in the coming fight! A few of my good friends are Hispanic, and they don't make um any tougher then those guys, they are more then my friends, they are my brothers, we have eaten at each other's tables, cried together, and bleed together! And this is all the more reason to hold dearly to those friendships, we are going to need every one on the same team, and we need to work out what ever we can between us if were to have any chance at all!

Tully Mars and Bandit99 like this.
  16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I don't see a "Civil War" per se - that is to say an armed conflict between well defined groups. Please note my use of the word "Armed". It may not matter....

To be a bit more precise - James Fearon, a scholar of civil wars at Stanford University, defines a civil war as "a violent conflict within a country fought by organized groups that aim to take power at the center or in a region, or to change government policies".

Let me parse this definition :

a violent conflict within a country.
    The US has been facing what is IMO, a "low order" type of ongoing warfare in major cities. I've noted this in many thread over the last couple of years.
    A slow motion riot might come close to describe the issue set, but things can shift from 'slow-motion' to burning buildings is less than a few hours. This is nothing new, it has been, to some degree, seen in the US since 1948 or even 1943, depending on how you wish to frame the situation. |
    What is different is both the breadth of the 'conflict' and the sheer number of 'players' in the conflict.
    Gang-bangers anyone? They may be the least of your worries.

fought by organized groups -
    you can't tell the players without a program.
    List of criminal enterprises, gangs and syndicates - Wikipedia
    List of gangs in the United States - Wikipedia - nothing new here, just a lot more, and more splinter groups to make up the mass.
    Oh, just in case
    Militia organizations in the United States - Wikipedia fringe lunatic or not, they exist.

and of course
    List of designated terrorist groups - Wikipedia

feeling lonely? Don't be, there is more to come.

that aim to take power at the center or in a region,
    List of active separatist movements in North America - Wikipedia
    yup, already here and active for decades

or to change government policies.
    The Voter's Self Defense System
    yup, also been here for decades - and nothing new. Folks call 'em "Special Intreest groups" but they aim to change the Government - no matter if you agree or like/or not.-

So when people talk about the "next Civil War" I ask, what about the one we are in right now?

Maybe it is because I write 'disaster fiction' that I see things differently, can't say. But what I do see is the accelerating of the forces driving the shredding of a once peaceful Nation/society.

I do fear for my children and grandchildren..... All I can really do - is pray.

Dont, GOG, Alf60 and 3 others like this.
  17. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Don't let them out of the cities & 'burbs in the first place. Cut power first. That takes out water and sanitary services along with fuel, food, and most comms. The initial rush of refugees trying to get out will take care of the roads. Bottle them up in a Sarajevo writ large.

Tully Mars, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

The isolated liberal enclaves will bring any number of blue helmets in to provide security. I don’t doubt that a bit

Tully Mars likes this.
  19. duane

duane Monkey+++

Warfare is always highly influenced by the best propaganda, Hitler came to power using that tool and the best example today is Syria. All of our attacks and biggest support of our reason for being there has always been the horrible use of poison gas. The Assad regime gave it up and we documented its destruction. Best estimate is around 2,000 of the 500,000 deaths in Syria were caused by poison gas. Several times attempts were made to stop the killing and all cases have been total failures as neither side will give up its demand to select who will control the government. The war is now a proxy conflict between several groups outside of the country. Without massive support from the US and its proxies, the civil war would have ended in weeks with a few hundred dead and a stable prosperous if un free Syria would exist. Without support from Russia and its proxies, the Assad regime would have collapsed in about a year with perhaps 100,000 dead and a somewhat viable country left. The same is true in Libya and several other of the Arab Spring countries that were either destroyed or became dictatorships controlled by the military or various religious groups. I would include Iraq in that group.
    If we have a civil war in the US, the severity of it and its length will most likely be determined by outside power groups, Russia, the UN, and Mexico come to mind. Even our war for independence in the late 1700's was in actuality a continuation of the power struggle between England and France and without the supplies, money, and in the end French troops and navy, we would not have been successful in establishing our country. Some outside religious groups have indeed stated that their desired goal was to "defeat the great Satan". others wish to return the conquered lands back to Mexico control, then we have groups that wish racial groups in charge to repay past "sins" of the whites, or income redistribution and a new socialist paradise. None of these groups or tribes are willing to share power and resources, including the group that I hopefully belong to, so the future does not look bright and our greatest danger is that several of the groups think that they can "win". Brings to mind the old 1970 anti war cartoon. Two soldiers sitting in a foxhole cooking a rat on a M16 bayonet over a fire made of scrap wood and there is nothing in sight but bomb craters the ruins of a city and a bullet ridden Interstate 90 sign in the distance. One is saying to the other "The Captain said it is official, we won"!

20. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Civil war is an oxymoron there is nothing civil about it, read about William Quantrill, William T. Anderson, John Mosby from the civil war that is what will happen with contractors lawdogs and local thugs some will go rabid.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Ura-Ki and apache235 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7