Clandestine Antennas

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Tikka, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Guit_fishN, chelloveck and ghrit like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I like the thinking behind the sneaky concealment.

I like the thinking behind the sneaky concealment, and the low budget solution to the rig out. It would do a great job of concealing the visual signature of a long antenna installation. That concealment, however may be compromised by the gigantic lazy susan turntable that you will have to sit your house on, to get the most optimal directionality for your HF slinky aerial.

Lazy Susan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

One's funds would be better spent on a good antenna tuner. ;)

:D

I've worked Hams in Europe and Asia who were using attic antennas.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The stealthiest antenna I have ever seen, was a 400ft piece of #20 wire, strung up thru a bunch of trees, on a lot with HOA Restrictions. No One ever complained, because it was so small, no one ever saw it from the street.
    The Ham that had it, was a BIG 160 Meter Operator, running a Full 1.5 Kw PEP on it using a Home-built tuner, and a very good RF Grounding system under the Sod in his yard. Stealth amounts to what one can see from the street, and #20 wire is very small, and thin...... ..... YMMV.....

chelloveck likes this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

A friend lives on 3-4 wooded acres with very restrictive covenants. As his land is wooded wire antennas are invisible from the road. First. we built an End Fed Zepp. Next was a Sturba Curtain with ground system, followed by a loop.
    :D

6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

chelloveck likes this.
  7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Sometimes after a site gets posted on an active site and gets a lot of hits; they shut down.
    Or all the hits use up their free bandwidth.

9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I did also which bugged me... Traps are easy to build, and for most Hams they will do the job adequately. It was an very informative site..

To replace it I searched for An attic coaxial dipole found the same site listed again. Clicked the link and found it.

If you want to read the article:
    An Attic Coaxial-Cable Trap Dipole for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 ...
    An Attic Coaxial-Cable Trap Dipole for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 80 Meters John DeGood, NU3E nu3e@arrl.net Abstract A coaxial-cable trap dipole antenna installed in the ...

IF the C&P hyperlink from the search engine doesn't work; search for An attic coaxial dipole which will find it.

FYI: The term "Attic coax dipole" is more commonly used.

1. deMolay
  2. hitchcock4
  3. sdr
  4. BTPost
  5. BTPost
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. SB21
  8. hitchcock4
  9. melbo
  10. stg58
  11. tekdoggy
  12. BTPost