Claymore

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jun 21, 2023.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If I was ever going to form1 my own I would use less boom or one that's not as hot as the traditional stuff.
    Less lethal that use a pound or half pound.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

These are designed for Combat situations, where one is using them as a force multiplier… I can not imagine where one would need or intend to use such a device, in todays world here in the USA…

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

If you ever needed Area Denial, this is a great tool to do just that! Say you had a bunch of Goose Stepping Jack Boot Thuggas come for your stach, a couple of these bad boys would sure put a quick stop to that!

SB21 and Kamp Krap like this.
  4. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I must be getting more pacifist as I get older LOL.
    DSC00194.JPG

5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Great for ambush so I can think of a few.........

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That sounds exactly like what the "no one needs a semiautomatic rifle" or the "I support the second ammendment but" people say.

SB21, techsar and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am not saying, or advocating any such thing, just stating a FACT, and a personal opinion… As one with significant experience with Energetic Materials Science, it would seem to me that even in todays world, using or planting such a device, or multiple devices, even on ones own Private Property, would get a person, A Multiple Decade stay in a State or Federal Graybar Hotel… It would be the same as deploying a “Set Gun” as far as most State, and Federal Statutes are concerned… Not even counting violation of numerous ATF Regulations on Manufacturing of Energetic Materials, without a Federal License.. You are free to do whatever you desire, but on this issue, should you get caught, you will pay the consequences, for your actions.. and if I was on the Jury for your Trial, I would vote to convict, and sleep soundly for that vote...

Big_Al, chelloveck and stg58 like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What the hell are you talking about I'm not saying anyone should make a trap out of anything like this or just leave them sitting somewhere or break the law.
    I don't know where you are getting all that nonsense from.

9. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Zimmy likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You can 3d print them and fill them with what ever shrapnel you want assuming you are a DD manufacturer or have an approved form1.

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Please calm down! It can't be good for your health to get so worked up! NO one is suggesting that anyone should use claymores to keep Trick-or-Treaters, LDS missionaries, Girl Scouts, etc. away from their door! The only time that someone should consider such drastic measures is when the Shit has really and truly Hit The Fan, sometimes known as TEOTWAWKI! When there is no law (NO police, jails, courts, lawyers, DAs, judges, juries, etc.) anything goes!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I took ROTC in college, and one summer I took the Infantry Weapons Course. I got to play with firing and non-firing M-16 rifle, M-203 grenade launcher, Colt 1911, M-60 machine gun, LAW rocket, and my personal favorite, the Claymore Mine! I still have my notes and drawings...somewhere. I was surprised that the distance between the Claymore and the target was so short! You don't get much spread!

SB21 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Those are the exact arguments gun grabbers use saying people "will do this or that", "won't use it responsibility", "don't know enough about it" and then "assume people will do something irresponsible and break the law with it". And then arrive at the predetermined conclusion you shouldn't have it because mu public safety.

I say don't break the law now, in the future or show intent to breaking the law even if in absence of all government. Because even if the government collapses all laws still apply, somehow.
    One could form1 a claymore, build the housing, fill it with metal bits, get it to a safe location, fill the rest of the volume with tannerite that was mixed then and there prior to use, then set it off by shooting it and as long as you didn't film it and put it on youtube it would be perfectly legal. Oh and inform the atf that the particular claymore was expended, consumed, ect to have it removed or whatever from the registry.
    And remember almost everything is legal for a small fee with the right pieces of paper as long as you don't hurt people or damage someone else's property.

Also something I saw when I was 12 years old, a black powder cannon loaded with nails is way more effective than a claymore, probably at further range and is completely legal.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    DKR and SB21 like this.
  14. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

as long as they still have the old style clacker

Zimmy likes this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Gotta disagree with you there! HELL! Some laws get broken and folks get away with it everyday! Things are illegal, banned, require forms, taxes, permits, insurance, etc. , and where there is a will (and money) there is a way!

16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

But, WHY would I want to?

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Supposedly people have been entrapped with something like a 3rd hole jig just because they said something to the effect of "I would only use it if the government collapsed". And that was enough to charge them.
    The correct answer to why did you buy that 3hole jig and/or M16 parts is always "lawful use" or "lawyer" meaning you want to call one not use them on one.
    See law enforcement doesn't want to go after dangerous criminals like drug cartels, slave traders, gun traffickers so to stay relevant and keep their job they turn people who mean well, aren't going to hurt anyone and don't have a criminal record into criminals to justify their existence.
    For example example a few years ago the California DA said they know of at least 24,000 felons in possession of firearms and they weren't going to go after them because they didn't have the man power.
    But there's no shortage of cops when it comes to enforcement of traffic codes.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    BPScribe likes this.
  18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Years ago, I read a news story about some yahoos that built some hand grenades...and SOLD them! The ATF caught them, and they are now about half-way through their sentence. Knowing how to build a grenade is not illegal! Having the means to build a grenade is not illegal! Building a grenade is illegal! However, if you blow it up you are good cause there is no evidence, especially if there is no reason to involve the police. Building grenades with the intent to stockpile, use or sell is highly illegal, and will result in long prison term. For those that might want to have grenades (or other stuff) when SHTF, have the knowledge and means but wait till the Shit really and truly Hits The Fan! Then wait some more just to be sure!

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Many,many years ago I watched a guy set off a claymore, but not the traditional kind. He used gunpowder in a layer with steel mill slag in a layer and coated the whole assembly with candle wax. It had a shotshell primer in the back and a spring loaded gizmo ( also homemade) that fired the whole mess with a pull string. The crazy thing was it was built on a DirectTV dish and was parabolic shaped. He set it off from 100' back and the sheet of 3/4" plywood in 20' front of it was obliterated. It always made me think about concave vs, convex. I never thought much about building anything like that at the time because we could still go buy dynamite in 40-80% and 2.2 pound Kinepacks for big jobs. One could even get caps, both fuse and electric, as long as you had a second vehicle to transport them. At the time, I never gave a thought to the gov making a great stump removal and well drilling tool illegal.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

tankcat.

Gator 45/70, Zimmy and Homer Simpson like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7