Clinton's Promise to Ban Guns

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by John Grit, May 22, 2016.

1. John Grit

John Grit Monkey

Clinton says she wants an Australia type gun ban and CONFISCATION. Is this one promise she will try to keep? And if so, how much support is she likely to get in Congress and how much resistance from the spineless Republicans?

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

one can ban anything they like.
    Doesn't mean that everyone will magically obey.
    Just like drugs and alcohol. Banning stuff works great .. for the black market and those willing to risk the consequence.

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Her stance against guns will make her lose the election. The N.R.A. have not even started attacking her yet. Now that they have endorsed Trump they will soon put their quite capable super Pac to work destroying Hillary on Guns. With 90 million gun owners she is cutting out a full third of the vote.

Altoidfishfins and John Grit like this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Even some Democrats own guns and hunt. Up to this point they've doubted that she was serious about the Australian-style gun bans. Now that all doubt has been removed, most of those Democrats will be voting Trump.

She just lost the election and she's too wrapped up in her leftist ideology to realize it.

It wouldn't surprise to find that in six months or so, the NRA will have again doubled its membership from five to ten million.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I make NO Predictions, on the stupidity of the American Electorate .... They elected our current KnotHead in Chief..... TWICE...

Pax Mentis, Dunerunner, GOG and 9 others like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

[ditto] Just remember there are 73 shopping days between the election of Klinton and her inauguration. I'm predicting black Friday sales and elevated background check requests.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Obama lied about coming after guns. He said this over and over . Read my lips, Im not coming after anyone's guns. Many believed him. He didnt come after any until his second term. He started as soon as his second term started. All politics. Hillary has said over and over again that if she cpould she would destroy the N.R.A. and ban all hand guns. She has killed her chances with many of her own party.

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think she would actually try it. I truly think she would! I think she is that arrogant. I also think that it would be the spark that ignites this country and she would get much more than she counted on and it would push us to a new page in our history. I'm serious. It would be a mess as some Senators, Congressmen, governors, law enforcement, major organizations and a good majority of the people would not enforce it and/or recognize it. It would be a mess. It could be the spark to light the second Civil War in this country.

More and more people are purchasing firearms now than ever before, taking firearm classes, obtaining their CCW permits. We have the good old red blooded Islamic terrorists to thank for this. In my state, we just had a county election and numerous legislators and even the Sheriff used 'supports constitution carry' on their voting propaganda. This is NOT the time for any law maker to try such nonsense as to reverse or impede the 2nd Amendment.

But, I think she would try...but she doesn't make the laws and there are some smarter and less arrogant politicians in both houses that would see such a move would rip this country asunder and they would stop it before it went too far. Executive Order? Probably. But, I would bet she is more devious than that because when it backfired on her, and it would, she would be standing alone...maybe even get herself impeached which is a nice thought. :) Imprisoned would be better :) since she has manage to slip that noose too often in the past.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Pray she really is that stupid.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

She's anything but stupid. Hopefully out of touch with her voter base, but not stupid.

Taku and Bandit99 like this.
  11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I've no doubt in my mind that if elected, she would try and push this through. I'm equally confident that a certain amount of people in this country would actively resist the measure. However I do not believe that number would be anywhere near the 90 million mark. I'm saddened to say it, but I have my doubts if even 10% of gun owners would take an active part in any form of resistance against such a measure.

IMO every gun owner needs to think about the pros and cons and make that decision for themselves NOW rather than later. Depending on the choice they make, they should start preparing for it NOW. We have had those talks here, made our decision, have and continue to prep based on that choice at every opportunity. I would humbly suggest others do the same.

Dunerunner, GOG, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  12. Bandit99

@Tully Mars Well stated... We also have made our decision. Guns will go into the ground except for a few for protection and we will take our place in the line and see what happens next...

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  13. Bandit99

I got to tell this story...so the wife is gone for a month back to see her mom so... So, I went down to the gun store and signed up for a 'Defensive Handgun Course' since one can never stop learning and I'm shooting high-left and I don't know what the %@$)@ is wrong. Walks in this spry old lady of probably 80-85 yrs and she wants to sign up for a class that shows you have to fight with objects at hand - books, magazines, pens, and...your cane. "They'll show me how to use my cane as a weapon?" "Yes, madam, they will indeed but perhaps you should just purchase a firearm instead" "Those F&%ING bastards won't let me take my gun on the plane!" I lost it and had to run out of the store I was laughing so hard. LOL! :) :) So, yeah, people are starting to realize that they cannot depend on promises of politicians to protect them.

14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

if it is not black and scary, it's not a weapon, right?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bandit99 likes this.
  15. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

There it is

Tully Mars likes this.
  16. Bandit99

" make NO Predictions, on the stupidity of the American Electorate .... They elected our current KnotHead in Chief..... TWICE..."

Actually, I think what got Obama elected the second time was apathy. There was no one that they wanted to vote for (Romney?!?!) so they didn't vote and gave the election to him again. I hope we/they all learn their lesson. 'There might not be anyone you want to vote for but there is always someone you want to vote against.' To be honest, I don't care who gets in as long as it is not Hillary. I would prefer Johnson but will take Trump. Should she lose this election then I think we are finally finish with the Clinton dynasty as there will be no place for her to go but back into the shadows from where she came.

17. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

no, it was more like there was little difference between Romney and Obama (Obamney), just as there was little difference between McCain and Obama (McBama), Bush and Obama (BushBama) and little difference between Bush and Clinton or Clinton and Bush. Since Reagan, our choices have been pretty much between tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb.

Tully Mars and Bandit99 like this.
  18. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Hopefully, Killery will be on trial before the elections.

One can hope, can't he?

19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Naw, they will postpone it until after the election so as not to be " prejudicial", then if ellected, she will pardon herself (which is legal, but has never been done)

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Don't forget crooked.

GOG and Taku like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7