CNN or Society????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Mar 20, 2007.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I found this on the CNN site, The story involves discovering the body of a Purdue student, missing since Jan 13, who's body was discovered in a utility closet where he had been electricuted.

I don't know if the following sentence/link says mnore about CNN or about our society in general.

(Watch the missing student's parents react to news of his death [​IMG]):sick:

No, I didn't watch the video.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I didn't click the link either..... I really don't even know how to express my distaste for that title, and I think cnn and our society share in the dishonor.

You're right, it's sickening.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well said Blackjack

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

The things that are deemed "news-worthy" today are enough to turn my stomach.

I don't watch the news while the younger family members are awake... there's too much junk reporting that they don't need to see/hear about.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Any headline, written or spoken that has a question mark at the end is your basic ipecac for the mind. "Is Oprah going to diet or explode?"

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7