1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

CNN or Society????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Mar 20, 2007.

1. RightHand

RightHand Pioneer in a New World Moderator Founding Member

I found this on the CNN site, The story involves discovering the body of a Purdue student, missing since Jan 13, who's body was discovered in a utility closet where he had been electricuted.

I don't know if the following sentence/link says mnore about CNN or about our society in general.

(Watch the missing student's parents react to news of his death [​IMG]):sick:

No, I didn't watch the video.
  2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I didn't click the link either..... I really don't even know how to express my distaste for that title, and I think cnn and our society share in the dishonor.

You're right, it's sickening.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Pioneer in a New World Moderator Founding Member

Well said Blackjack
  4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

The things that are deemed "news-worthy" today are enough to turn my stomach.

I don't watch the news while the younger family members are awake... there's too much junk reporting that they don't need to see/hear about.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Any headline, written or spoken that has a question mark at the end is your basic ipecac for the mind. "Is Oprah going to diet or explode?"
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary