Coca Cola as medicine? um...ya.

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Mindgrinder, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

tulianr and larryinalabama like this.
  2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Obama care is working

Mindgrinder likes this.
  3. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

you can still get cola syrup in some pharmacies, old cure for gas and stomach ache

Mindgrinder likes this.
  4. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Oh, I'll have to send this to my mother who continually rants about the evils of Coke and how stories on the internet tell how it will de-rust a nail in 2 minutes, totally desolve it in 4, how the State Police use it to remove blood stains from the highway, it contains toxi phosphoric acid and its more deadly than a 30 round magazine? Let the fun begin...

AT

5. Mindgrinder

U should listen to your mom.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Airtime- I never heard any of that. Where did your Mom learn this. I've got to try this nail de-rust thing.

I was always told warm coke was good at settling your stomach. I personally never feed it to my children, we do ginger ale.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  7. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Folks who don't want people drinking coke for what ever reason or just like to watch myths circulate on the net created the following and many variants of the Snopes link. My mother would swear by these stories on the net. Now there is one saying coke is good and not evil and it's on the Internet so it must be true. I'll forward this to her to tweak her a bit and we'll all get a laugh.

snopes.com: Coca-Cola Acids

AT

Mindgrinder likes this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Coke will dissolve a 16p nail in a week or two (did it in school) will polish chrome will dissolve blood stains, and has even been used to torture people. (soda through your nasal passages is VERY painful, but does no damage.) It's a multi-purpose product.;)

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good for automotive paint removal, too.

10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Had not heard of that one.

11. ghrit

Don't try it on your best car. (Don't ask.)

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You boy's are wasting some fine coke ...!!!
    Coke and Jack
    Coke and Rum
    etc..etc..

oldawg likes this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You didn't??? LOL! Well at least you admitted it. Something I would try. Thanks for the warning.

14. ghrit

Carbonic acid, pretty weak, but will make a mess of a "fine" finish if not removed pronto. (You do have time to get a rag and bucket of water.)

I didn't "try" it with other soft drinks, but I think if it's carbonated, it'll eat the paint. At least that is true of the lacquers used in wayback times, may not be true with the water based enamels in use these days. No, that's an experiment I won't try.

15. Mindgrinder

Do you wonder why it's very hard to find coke in a glass bottle anymore?
    Have you seen the tiny over-priced glass bottles?
    Buy some - you can taste the difference.
    Aluminum cans are also great for adding additional BPA and aluminum into your diet.
    Plastic is good for you.
    BPA is good for you.
    Aluminum is good for you.
    HFCS is good for you.

Coca-Cola not ready to drop bisphenol A in can linings
    "
    Reproductive toxicity, including effects on fertility and development, has been identified as a key health effect of exposure to high concentrations of BPA, a recognized hormone-disrupting chemical"

National Geographic Magazine - NGM.com

"
    Critics of BPA cite the potential effects of low doses as a cause for concern. Research has shown that BPA mimics estrogen, a naturally occurring hormone, and therefore can affect the body's endocrine system. BPA's effects are often most pronounced when humans are in stages of rapid development, such as in the womb or during childhood. Laboratory studies conducted since the 1990s have noted that low-dose BPA exposure may be connected to abnormal penis development in males, early sexual maturation in females, an increase in neurobehavioral problems such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism, an increase in childhood and adult obesity and type 2 diabetes, and an increase in hormonally mediated cancers, such as prostate and breast cancers.
    "

*smack*

G

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7