cold dead hands?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

IMHO the front porch is their game, : they will be in superior numbers,superior training/comm/ with the element of surprise. additionally the advantage of certainty of what is going on.
    the opening move goes to the opressors...afterward folks will be trying to regroup (when people assembling could very well be deemed illegal). Pray for the smarts to be out from under the falling hammer and the juevos and staged resources to act meaningfully as a survivor of the initial sweep.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I just do not see this happening widespread in our current political landscape. Too much of America is armed, the outcry after a couple of front porch shootouts would be so great that I do not see this practice continuing. Now a few years away, as more rural pro-gun people die off, and public opinion changes yes, I could see it happening. I can see it happening right now in many of the large cities, especially those in the north east and far left, I mean far west such as L.A. Hell, it already happened in New Orleans. They just needed an excuse. It wouldn't have happened in a small town though, LE thinks differently in small towns.

3. Pauly Walnuts

Pauly Walnuts Monkey++

Good read!

4. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

I am not sure they will try an overt move to confiscate guns, for some time anyway. First they will continue to outlaw selling various aspects of firearms, or greatly restrict the supply: types of firearms, ammo, mags. Individuals can resist but businesses will have to follow the laws. Confiscations will ten step up as result of reporting by firefighters, CPS, EMTs, police investigations of other misdemeanors.

But, I do think if they really want to get rid of guns in America they will eventually have to try wide scale registration and confiscation. I think many, many of us will be sent to prison for traffic infractions or misdemeanors that result in a firearm confiscation (speeding, etc.). Many will be shot in house raids. We have to accept that a percentage of us will not survive.

In the end I don't see how they can make much of a dent before gun owners recognize the scale of quiet assault and openly revolt. As gun owners wise up some will move to more anonymous places, start coordinating. Some of my closest associates and I are already talking about sharing guns if one of us has theirs confiscated. And we are talking about how and when we will resist.

We need some gun owners who are willing to be loudspeakers and risk being made an example. we need some who will stand and fight to be the visible "line in the sand." And we need many, many more who will be the "fish in water" resistor, or that evades and plans and hits at their own time and place.

It is deep doo-doo time when we are genuinely afraid of our own government. That is not right and it will not stand.

I just hope we sort this mess out before my grandkids have to suffer much from it. My generation (baby boom) made much of the mess and I hope it comes to a head while I am still able to help sort it.

Come and take 'em you bastards. :)

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

yup discrete sneaky fish in the water
    ( udt twinkie team):
    bout as subtle as a fart in awet suit [​IMG]

6. TNZ71

TNZ71 PEACE THRU FIREPOWER

1. Don't hide your eggs in one basket.
    2. Never draw attention to yourself.
    3.Barring SHTF, confrontation with LEO is suicide.

Discussed this senerio with several folks. I don't want my German Shepherds shot by suppressed MP5, don't want my wife and children awakened by flash bangs, and don't think I would have the clarity of mind to know when to surrender.

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Uh, does this count as drawing attention?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7