Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by melbo, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Altitude will have effects on the speed the process takes.
    I wouldn't trust any outside source for CS, personally. I have bought and used "SilverSol" in the past, but I never ran tests and have long since thrown out any remaining stocks. I also wouldn't trust CS stored inside plastic bottles. Making your own may be safer, but it's your call. I can't tell anybody what they should do, except using the CS for topical purposes only. As for ingesting it, many have done it and report no problems, including myself. I think Melbo has taken it for years. Still, I am certain it's safe even though I cannot recommend ingesting it just as a disclaimer.
    Some companies, who have done more research into this than I have will report they have bonded the silver on a molecular level in a certain way, and there's a lot of scientific jargon describing why it's clear, but honestly I do not know. Perhaps they have a way to increase the efficacy of the colloidal and make the molecular bond different somehow. All I know is that the colloidal silver I make, and others here have found it turns golden after a few hours, and I know strong batches definitely turn black in sunlight. Allowing the final batch to sit for a few days and then filtering will produce a better product. The amber color may be from the molecular changes which occurred when the silver bonds with hydrogen and oxygen. Maybe the silver bonds with sodium chloride, or it's only a catalyst. I have no idea.

2. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I would stick with distilled, the mineral content of spring water would create more conductivity between the rods, possibly messing up the process. I really like this: Vortex Non-Electric Water Distiller Kit

Brokor likes this.
  4. Brokor

Now that I think of it, looking back through this thread, my TDS for the first batch I made was in the 400 range with just sea salt, and I ended up making a very dangerous batch. Ordinary, filtered spring water down to 1 micron will leave you with about 60-75 ppm water. I can't even guess what unfiltered spring water would register. I haven't experimented with using spring water, but I can hypothesize that you will run into problems using anything except distilled water and sea salt.

5. melbo

Moatengator, Brokor and Tyler Danann like this.
  6. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

Thanks, see what the ppm is too after it does the job, as on the video at their site they don't show the ppm

7. Brokor

@melbo The Silverlungs kit looks great, I am also interested in finding out how it works for you. The "Reducing Agent" they sell is of particular interest to me, since it is reported to allow for a colloid to be made from the ionic silver. Of course, as far as I have known, the way we are doing it already makes a true colloidal silver. Regardless, I like the idea of allowing more free electrons for the silver to bond at the ~ 8 micron level, it just sounds cool. Maybe a microscope test will be in order? There are very nice USB powered hand-held microscopes available for sub $50.

You know, even on a budget, their electrodes, flask and rubber stopper would only run $140.00

The only trick is, finding out what voltage their generator works on, and I don't see why a down-and-dirty fella couldn't make a redneck batch. Keep us posted!

8. melbo

Will do.

I'm interested to see how the nebulizer treats my wife's seasonal sinus aggravations.

Tyler Danann and Brokor like this.
  9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I use a .999 silver ingot with .9999 silver leads.

I use this a lot for treatment for cattle that often get wounds in the summer that can turn nasty. A handy 1.5 gallon sprayer makes it easy to apply twice a day.

YMMV

Bear likes this.
  10. My Mom recently started using it 12ppm in a nose sprayer, one spray up each side right before bed.

Before she tried this she always has had pressure build up over night and would always wake up with a headache which took the first two hours in the morning before it would go away. Ever sense she started using this, no more pressure and no more headache!

Motomom34 and Moatengator like this.
  11. Moatengator

Moatengator Monkey

Hey Melbo, I am also looking at the silver lungs as well. For the exact same reason, sinus problems. Any opinion on the effectiveness of it yet?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  12. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

What sort of wounds?

13. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Typical brush cuts or horn rakes.

14. I own the silver lungs unit. I used it to make the ionic silver I previously mentioned my Mom is currently taking.

A friend at work bought some store brand from a health food store already in a nose sprayer and that cleared his sinus problems up as well.

Motomom34 and Moatengator like this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

So are collodial Silver and ionic silver the same thing?

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

That says nothing I've read it

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The simple answer is no. Usually, but not always, ionic is considered to be in solution (like salt water.) A colloid is a different thing entirely, and is usually a suspension of extremely fine particles.

Bear, Brokor and Ganado like this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The health food store that I go to is now carrying Sovereign Silver. It seems to be colloidal silver, they have on for topical only then another for immune support. Are the store bought ones as effective as the home-made?
    Natural Immunogenics

20. Brokor

I never ran my own tests on the products I bought over the years, but at the end of the day, I (personally) will only trust what I have made. Your mileage may vary. Are there scammers out there making lousy colloidal silver? Oh, I have no doubt. It's a chance you take when you buy instead of make your own.

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. Bandit99
  2. Benjamin A. Wood
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. DKR
  5. Motomom34
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Tempstar
  8. ED GEiN
  9. ED GEiN
  10. Bandit99
  11. 3M-TA3