Colt Commander

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TLynn, Aug 2, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Per E.L.'s request here is my Colt Commander - in some varying poses - lol
    95063313. 95063296. 82352428.

Here's the part that drove me totally crazy because everybody was telling me how to take apart and put together a 1911 - but none of us realized it was a 2 piece guide rod so it didn't work the same - you had to unscrew it (and yes I do own screwdrivers - I have a craftsman toolbox in fact - full of tools).

Details - Colt Commander Mark IV, Series 80, Caspian Frame. Ported, flared, two piece guide rod, lots of other nice things done to it. Shoots like a dream. Only problem is - does anybody know how to adjust the trigger pull? It's a little light even for my taste. Though I'm sure I can figure it out one way or the other.
    82352428. 95063313. 95063296.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

WOW! Very nice. Very nice indeed! I bet it is easy to carry concealed too. When I get a chance I will take some pics of my TRS and post them. Thanks for the pics TLynn.

3. E.L.

Wow TLynn, we have lots in common. Both work for Uncle Sam, craftsman tools and toolboxes, an avatar and affection for the 1911, and these crazy green lights that keep going back and forth...........

4. TLynn

Well we do indeed have a lot in common E.L.

Just don't tell me you collect knives too (because that would truly be scary)!

5. E.L.

Yes, I have way too many. I was actually about to start a post called "Carry Knives" just to see what others carried on a daily basis. My favorite is the Kershaw Rainbow Leek. I also carry a CRKT, but I have been looking at the Benchmades, and almost bought one this past weekend. It seems like I am always picking up a knife here or there. As a matter of fact when I was getting out of my pickup this afternoon I looked in the side pocket and saw three knives in it.

Don't tell me you drive a 4x4 Dodge 3/4 ton, or I will think we were seperated at birth.

6. TLynn

No don't have a Dodge anymore (and it was only a 1/2 ton).

This is my pickup these days (oops can't find the picture). Got myself a 1970 Ford Custom 100 4x4. Pretty much stock except for the 1 ton springs I put under it (yes I'm a bit strange). Redid the top end on it so it could use unleaded fuel. Has a real nice 360 V8 in it. Runs beautifully.

Should take it out more - it feels neglected since I just take it out to the dump and to pick up lumber and stuff.

I like you - you like knives. I'm more into the hand made ones and I'm still not much of a folder type knife person but I'm learning. Talk to Valkman - he loves them too and he's starting to get halfway good about making them too.

7. E.L.

I have a 69' Ford that I am inheriting. It was my dad's baby. He ordered it from the factory about the time I was born. Although it came with a 390, he put a couple of different motors in it before settingling on a balanced and blueprinted 428 Cobra Jet. Yes., it goes. It's never been beat. He was once clocked by a DPS trooper friend of his at 150 mph. Although I was once in it while it was up to 160+. I haven't picked it up yet, but I need to go get it.

I like all kinds of knives, it just seems like I get more use out of the folders as I carry them daily.

8. TLynn

My first knife given to me in September 1961 by grandfather at the age of 5.

Not worth a lot but as you can see I still have it and might explain my fascination for the non folders.

I like your dads Ford !!! Just don't get pulled over E.L.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  9. E.L.

Wouldn't you know it, I just took pics of my Les Baer and my old knife that I treasure, and now I can't find the small USB cord to download them on my laptop. Oh well, maybe by tomorrow.

10. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Hey, T and E. I recently found a Kershaw Speed Safe, been carrying that or a Gerber Karsey Air Ranger for an everyday knife.

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Hey, you look familiar...

12. E.L.

Glad to have you aboard Ghostrider.

13. TLynn

Good to see ya Ghostrider!

Going to have to check out these Kershaws one of these days. I've got to admit I have a fondness for Gerbers so I carry one with me (and yes it is a folder - and no I don't have a clue as to what it is - just that it's extremely easy to open).

14. ghostrider

For an apparitional, non-carbon-based life form.

15. E.L.

When we see a floating sheet with a bandolier of .308 (with tracers) we pretty much know who it is.

16. ghostrider

Busted

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7