Coming Suppressor Ban

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Altoidfishfins, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Ura-Ki, tacmotusn and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Poor Bob, getting long in the tooth and short on what he thinks is common sense. Then there's the logic bust, saving hearing by banning suppressors?

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Not going to make it through the Senate. Wish I could say that Trump wouldn't sign, but unfortunately he believes that they actually silence gunfire.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I can't help but wonder if the done deal permit approval of these items aren't already a thing of the past. I purchased a 30cal rifle suppressor rate for 7.62nato in August/Sept 2018 time frame. It took until November for the BATFE Paperwork approval for transfer between selling dealer and my receiving dealer go thru. It took me no longer than 2 or 3 days to then put my final package of paperwork together and for myself/my ffl dealer/and the BATFE to be on the phone paying the fee and sending all the data to the GOV. The BATFE folks on phone told my dealer that approval processing was presently taking 6 to 8 months. Again, that was November 2018 .... May 2019 = 6 months .... July 2019 = 8 months. Trump said he would consider Suppressor bans right after that wacko with the two 45s one suppressed did his mass shooting.
    I wondered then if that would slow down or kill my approval. It really pisses me off it may kill my purchase which tripled the price of the suppressor by the time everyone got a grab into my wallet.
    If dissapproved wtf ..... no refund on nothing? everyone but me happy? me with empty hands and wallet?

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Trump can't get the gold standard or the new tax bill thru Congress or the Senate, this will never fly

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Come and Get Um! Lets see, they want me to turn in my suppressors, each of which I had to pay THEM $200 for the "Privilege" to grant me permission, then the actual cost of each suppressor, and they will offer me pennies on the dollar to turn them over, never mind they are on the NFA registry and thusly covered by those protections!

Ain't gonna happen, it's the same as them telling me I have to turn in my semi auto rifles, or my semi auto pistols, they do not have the man power to come to my door at 3 A.M. and take them, and if they start doing that, they better start at my house first, because if not, every uniform I see becomes a target and a threat! Those assholes want a shootin war, this would be a good way to start one!

7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Can we just ban Jersey instead?

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

NO, NO, and NO. There are some mighty fine beaches below Sandy Hook. (However ---)

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't think they have any clue about NFA registry or how well they work.

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good way to loose a re-election,Really good way!

Oddcaliber, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Any one notice that ALL the dems end up shouting and angry during all their speeches?
    They do not offer us any worthwhile changes of any hope for a better republic!
    All they offer us is: More Gov, More Taxes, Less income, Less Freedom, Less Rights, Higher Costs across the board, greater risk of war and conflict here and abroad, and a lessening of America's strength and standing!
    Increasing the rights of the Illegals to equal or greater levels then citizens
    Increasing Your and Mine responsibility to pay for/support others who cannot/will not support themselves!

12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

So, by their way of thinking, I should remove the entire exhaust system from my Big Block Dodge 440 and run it with open headers, (for the children), so that every one knows IF i'm about to break the law! Sounds legit, after all, only criminals use Mufflers on their Big Block Muscle Cars to break the law!

Maybe I should install Loudners, make it extra safe!
    Loud Pipes Save Lives!

13. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

(y)(y)(y)

I see that the education systems within the U.S. continue to get more and more inadequate. Unless you are using sub-sonic ammunition you are still making a lot of noise (sonic boom). Even with the noise reduction of a "silencer" there is still the noise of the muzzle blast and the mechanical functioning of the weapon. Sorry, but too many politicians are watching too many high budget low reality Hollywood movies.

All the while the highly trained tactical operator is in "ninja stealth mode" making them invisible, giving off no scent or shadow while being undetectable to the human eyes or ears. Side note: Don't forget the cameras that .GOV has at nearly every street corner, traffic light, ATM and convenience store counter. After completing the "ninja's" objective he gets in a CA Omissions Certified vehicle and drives away without ever leaving a scent of toxic exhaust or any type of obnoxious noise that sounds cool due to the add on features of headers, glass-packs and shiny muffler tips. I really want to continue, but my side is starting to hurt as I sit here laughing and thinking of some other mystic B.S. to add to this post.

14. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Just wondering when they will propose a bill to outlaw triggers.. No trigger to pull, not bang!

Come on, lets all save the children from the evils of triggers..

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

You could buy sub-sonic ammo, or build your own silencers. I also have plans for a 9mm machine gun!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Or a 357mag lever gun shooting 38spl.
    Those are supposedly pretty quiet, no can needed.
    I'm sure 38spl with a heavy bullet with a light load of really fast burning powder like bullseye or red dot could be even quieter than factory 38 ammo.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7