Comments/Reviews on Sig-Sauer P226 in the .357 Sig caliber

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by mecdac, Feb 2, 2009.

1. mecdac

mecdac Monkey++

I am considering a Sig P226 in the .357 Sig caliber, I have not been able to find many reviews of that particular model in that caliber.

I already possess two Sigs (P220 and P245) and am familiar with the caliber, carrying a Glock 31 and Glock 33. It seems like a natural to have the Sig round firing through the Sig firearm.

Specifically, were there any problems with initial production models?

Any problems with later production runs?

Any problems with feeding?

Any problems with ejecting?

Excessive wear?

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Re: Comments/Reviews on Sig-Sauer P226 in the .357 Sig calib

Yes, I own a Sig 226 in a .40S&W, with a .357sig barrell. After shooting the 226 with a 357sig. with over 200 rounds, I put the .40 barrell back in and have not looked back at the 357sig. First off the recoil with factory self defense ammo is excessive. If you had to shoot a follow up shot within 2 to 3 seconds later, you will not be able to recover the weapon soon enough.

Even though the weapon fired all the 357sig ammo reliably, I would not want to do that with thousands of rounds due to the frame being made of aluminum.

Another problem is the cost of 357sig ammo. Price a box of plain jain FMJ range ammo, then price the specialty self defense ammo. It is also a cartridge that is not readily available. There are two Wally World in the town I live in and they refuse to carry 357sig ammo because of very little demand for it.

If you are set on a Sig 226, then stick with a 40S&W. Ammo is readily availabe and not as expensive as the 357sig

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I keep getting pieces of .357 sig brass mixed with my .40 and once I get locked into reloading auto-pilot. this becomes a problem.

4. mecdac

mecdac Monkey++

Thank you for your thoughts.

5. mecdac

mecdac Monkey++

I can see that as a problem since they are so close in size.

Thank you for your comments.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7