Concealed carry holsters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

What kind of rig do you carry most days? I carry a Kimber TLE Pro in a Galco SOB holster. The Small of Back position is way to much risk of spinal injury, should you fall, but I wear it on my strong-side hip. Makes a very low profile and rapid draw. This seems to be the most comfortable and accessable rig I have tried for wearing extended periods of time. Rides well in a car too.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Seems lately, I'm only carrying 2 ways:

If I don't really care wether people know it or not - Colt King Cobra in a standard nylon holster on my right hip (under a long jacket/overshirt)
    or
    I just stick my little 38 double barrel in my front pocket

The area I just moved to is VERY low crime, so I'm opting for the derringer in the front pocket more often than not.

3. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a 1911 Colt Gov. 45 in a custom IWB Tucker made holster. It's a strong side hip holster and is a very comfortable IWB rig.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I carry my 1911 in a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II inside the waistband holster. I love it.

5. Bogie

Bogie Monkey+++

I use a Comp-tac C-T.A.C. fo my concealed needs with either a Kimber or Para .45

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have 3 methods of carry. For "normal" every day concealed carry I have a Galco Ultra Deep Cover in the waist, tuckable holster. For the times I just don't care or when working at the range an Uncle Mikes Kydex holster. And when I have to go for the really deep concealment, I have a smart carry holster.

And before anybody asks, yes, I practice drawing with each type of carry. And everytime I practice with the SC I feel like saying "'Scuse me while I whip this out". Dunno why, I just do :)

Ryan

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I almost always just carry my Rossi .357 with 4" barrel in my back pocket with an untucked shirt or the duster I always waer in cold or wet weather anyway.

I havent figured out yet how to keep them from falling out of my beard. lol

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7