Concealed Carry Sheath for Fixed-blade Fighting Knife?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Seacowboys, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

It always amazed me that we hunted deer in the same area we hunted bear, but seems like no one was as worried when we hunted deer as when we hunted bear. Ya think their awareness was limited? [LMAO]:lol:[peep]

GOG likes this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have always been Old School when it comes to a good fighting knife, Jim Bowie's finest is still my #1 pick. I had a custom boot sheath made that laces on my left boot on the outside. This is a two piece design that has a leather lace on guard with an outer sheath. the knife is held in place with a thumb break that has passed every torture test I could come up with. I like this set up so much that I adapted it for a back up boot pistol for the right side! Both are very secure and the chance of loosing ether are almost zero! My experience is no one ever looks at a persons feet during an encounter, and no one ever considers the feet could house any weapons. This also free's up the hips and thy for other uses. It also makes driving and other chores less restrictive!

3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I'm partial to swords, bowies, and dirks..

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What sheaths do you use for the bowies and dirk? The sword is off topic.

5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Mostly leather. I'm not fancy, though I prefer leather thongs to tie off with on concealed stuff than clips or elastic. Never seem to work out right otherwise, nor stay in place well.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good enough. Do you have an answer to the OP's question?

7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I know that hedgehog knife works and a few others make "scout" sheaths for knives, that do basically what he is talking about to my way of thinking. I have a nagging thought that a few of the blades I just picked up have an attachment system for a way to rig up belt carry, but haven't been able to dig up paperwork to figure out what it is that I am half remembering.

1. 3M-TA3
  2. GOG
  3. 3M-TA3
  4. Yard Dart
  5. JLRhiner
  6. Hanzo
  7. Hanzo
  8. Andy the Aussie
    ...it's my excuse anyway... ;) [IMG] [IMG]
    Thread by: Andy the Aussie, Dec 21, 2018, 8 replies, in forum: Blades
  9. STGThndr
  10. Bandit99