Confessions of a primal Monkey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Sapper John, Feb 5, 2014.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

The rewards of fermentation are ancient, and certainly, OUGHT to be primal....
    [booze]

Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

"Sincerly"
    Oh come on BT..... Not even ONE Non Sincerely That is very hard to believe......:D

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well, You know.... Just one of those things....[lolol]

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

After weight loss goals are achieved, I'd say beer is fine. It's not like we're talking about gluten intolerance and any 'wheat' that's left is so far flattened that it's not going to cause a problem. When I went 60 days (from PB day 1) without a drop of alcohol, I broke it by googling low carb beer. I found that Corona Light - yeah I know it's not Irish Death - was only 5 gr carbs per bottle.

My drink now is fully grain & carb free: 100% Agave tequila, soda (although I use san pelligrino water) and lime with a dash of salt. I've discovered that Tequila is nothing like I remember in college. It's a nice refined drink that rarely even gets me buzzed. @Clyde and @Quigley_Sharps know about this one

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Yard Dart, Elessar and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

So I have conformed pretty well to the Primal diet and I have lost 17 lb's in a month and a half by diet change alone. My focus has been diet change and slowly working into more physical training than what I normally do. My one rare cheat/violation which I know is wrong is the nectar of the god's... be it a nice dark beer or a rum & zero coke. Guess I will have to pay whatever price that comes of it...... though I know I am not following the Primal to the T, I feel that it has been a great success for me so far. I have told so many people about it that most of my friends are either adapting to it, or sick of me talking about it. :cool:

Elessar and melbo like this.
  6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

The best part of Primal is that it's pretty easy as you get to eat the stuff that others told you not to eat and more importantly that a little cheat here and there doesn't toss you off the wagon.

7. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

I love tequila too, though I have to admit to having a gin and soda as well. I figure both of these are from mostly vegetable like plants, so they're as close to primal as we can get without going completely dry. Three Fingers is my favorite Tequila and is bottled very close to where we live, so I also rationalize that I'm helping the local economy. hahaha

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Ok since Beer isn't primal anyone want a good recipe for Mead?;)

kellory likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Of course. Put in recipes and link it here?

kellory likes this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Finding someone who can do a good mead is rare. By all means, if you have a good recipe, share it.[booze]

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I love it when people don't eat the fat on their prime rib. I offer to sacrifice my body for scientific purposes and consume it for them!

12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yea that was so hard for me to start doing after so many years not eating it.

Mike likes this.
  13. Yard Dart

[ditto]

smithcp2002 and Mike like this.
  14. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

My gramps used to make honey shine. My uncle, his son, had bees so he had plenty of honey to work with.

There's also brandy. We're hoping our apricot tree fruits this year (cold snaps get the blossoms 3 out of 4 years on average) so we can make some brandy. Our blackberries/raspberries don't produce enough yet.

Mike, Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
  15. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

I haven't looked over this Primal thing yet. Will have to do so. Saw a thing on tv the other day about a diet of green stuff, bananas, fruits, yogurt. I started that, using my Ninja blender to turn it all into green sludge. Big thing is getting back to honey and raw sugar, and away from processed sugars. I don't do scales except at doc offices so no idea how much I'm losing, but the pants are looser, I feel a lot better. Been giving some yogurt to my dog too (it's good for them) and she is pepping up more, loving walks more. Will have to look into the primal thing, tho

16. Yard Dart

In my opinion, you will not regret it!! I have lost 20 lbs. in two months just from a change in eating habits....

Mike likes this.
  1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn
  6. Minuteman
  7. ditch witch
  8. DarkLight
  9. Yard Dart
  10. RightHand
  11. kckndrgn