Confuscious says....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

Yeah, but they didn't let us have real bullets else there would have been a large decline in the monkey population.

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

LOL, no real bullets---we never went anywhere w/o a good supply of civilian stuff. Just never did like the idea of holding a firearm and hollering bang. Usually had private side arms, also with ample ammo supplies. Jarheads are like that--lol.

3. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

We lived outside the Zone. We were in the Mountains just outside of Panama City.

4. Mike

When we hit Libya in response to the terrorists on the cruise ship, they had us guarding housing areas in Germany with rifles and no ammo. They gave ammo to the guys guarding depot supply. I ended up carrying my 9mm under my BDU's

5. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Not if you don't fling them at me lol. Psssstttttt try shooting those bullets, much more effective. shhhhhh

Mike likes this.
  6. Mike

hahaha. too funny

7. Snake_Doctor

when no ammo was allowed I always carried my sidearm with several spare mags and three rifle mags of live. Just in case............ ;)

8. Mike

After a day of no ammo the hook-and-bullet sold out of .45, 9mm, .38, and .223. Go figure, lol

Snake_Doctor likes this.
  9. Snake_Doctor

Funny how things like that happen, huh? Never saw the wisdom of unarmed guards.

10. Mike

I was disappointed that our commanders found it necessary to not trust their soldiers. Made us feel great.

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Snake_Doctor

I think that's in their job description. How about some CO's not allowing personal knives? SMH.

Mike likes this.
  12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

red mag, green mag.... always thought that was so stupid. We did ammo count after returning from patrol.....another stupid activity the commander thought was appropriate to keep us from taking shots that were not required...

Mike likes this.
  13. Snake_Doctor

it takes a special warm and fuzzy person to be an officer

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

And there are many NCO's who also fall in to that category... It's not the rank but the individual who wears the rank... speaking on behalf of those who you chose to insult... Keep in mind that everyone flying your CAS missions and dustoffs are officers....

oldawg, BTPost, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  15. Snake_Doctor

hmmmm..... you're easily offended, aren't you?

16. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

He is not easily offended, he is just speaking the truth. There are s*it birds and idiots of all ranks serving in our military, lets not lump them into one category. All of our skilled medical professionals are in the officer corps along with other meaningful and necessary jobs. I would not be alive today if not for their training and professionalism!
    I was by the way, a NCO!

oldawg and kellory like this.
  17. Yard Dart

I would have to second @Sapper John ..... I have served with many a good officer... speaking as another NCO in the mix.

Sapper John likes this.
  18. Snake_Doctor

But we were discussing officers, not the other ranks. And I think you're both easily offended. Man up guys. I have tough skin and I would expect both of you too also. But just to keep the peace I'll apologize to you/

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

Just trying to point out that the officer corps in general has many great and capable officers.... And to add to that there are many bad officers, NCO's in the mix.... it is not fair to just do a blanket statement that all officers are bad.... that is what we are saying. I had a couple of bad commanders.... so goes the military at large... but in general most of the commanding staff I served with were fair, well trained and capable.

I am not easily offended..... my skin is rather thick... just as my head is. We are just clarifying for the sake of those viewing this thread that have never served.... There are many that may cross this medium and may think that officers are dolts and not worth their time serving the nation due to that.... it is our job to at least keep the record straight.

Mike, kellory and Sapper John like this.
  20. Snake_Doctor

oh geez. I give up.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7