Congress moves to endorse islamic blasphemy laws.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by pearlselby, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's gone to the judiciary committee. It'll be a while -- In the meantime, they haven't even put up a summary, so we really do not know what it's all about. Yet.

BTPost likes this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

And I thought I was the pernickety one here ;) Getting the right bit o' politickin' in the correct Congressional session does help make sense o' t'ings. :) Still, Ganado has the right of it, (concerning her comments in post# Congress moves to endorse islamic blasphemy laws. | Survival Forums , even tho' her g Congressional legislative referencing was a tad off the mark.

3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

We could solve all the problems we have with out politicians if we just had an open season on them every year--ten days, no bag limit, and no license required.

We could all help make America a better place...

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The content of the web article is quite misleading also.....It does a Chicken Little song and dance about H.Res 569 (114th Congress) as if it was a legislative Bill, rather than what it actually is:....a "Simple Resolution", which of course has no actual standing at law.

Simple Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are often handwringing admonitory, or backslapping congratulatory, depending on whether or not the House / Houses are happy with / approve of, or are unhappy with / disapprove of, the state of affairs under consideration.

5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Spelling, @chelloveck ..."persnickety" [LMAO]

The link I posted goes to Congress.gov so anyone can see the full text, where it is in procedure, or anything else pertaining to the House Resolution.

No disagreement with @Ganado or others regarding the stupidity of the whole thing ;)

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  6. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

@BTPost. You are right. it was sort of misleading. I will be more careful now. Thank you for letting me know. When I first saw the article my eyes popped out. I did a search to make sure it was real. It was unsettling.

1. 2Chest1Head
  2. GhostX
  3. UncleMorgan
  4. duane
  5. IwishIwasaDog
  6. Ganado
  7. 10brokenpromises
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Brokor
  10. Brokor
  11. Ivan
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary