Considering a 85 Dodge D350 dually flatbed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ditch witch, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

The nearest coastline is about 14 hours south of me so not too worried about hurricanes. Tornados mainly, but unless you're in a city getting around won't be a big deal. It's not like we have trees or anything here. Tumbleweeds are pretty easy to drive over.

I don't NEED the truck. I just want it because well, I like to spend money and I like the idea of a POS truck that I can use to haul tree limbs or trash without fear of scratching the paint on my new truck. I guess the "Easy To Replace Electronics BOV" is my excuse/justification for getting it. The Mr and I both have quad cab 4x4s that are loaded to the gills, so there's really zero need for it other than to add to my tin foil hat collection.

I'll let y'all know if I get off the fence.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The key to buying a vehicle is to buy what YOU want, what feels good to you, and if serves a valid 'purpose' all the better! I only allowed a family member to choose my vehicle ONCE - biggest automotive mistake of my life. Also only 'new car' I ever bought and by far the worst lemon I ever had. I traded it off as soon as I owed less than the trade-in value. So much for "Father knows best"....... I have avoided Fords and Mercury's like the plague ever since - I am on my third Dodge, and love it!

ditch witch likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7