Cooking with all natural ingredients.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M118LR, Jun 21, 2017.

1. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Sometimes we may need to draw upon that knowledge to figure out where tomorrows food comes from and how to prepare it. I applaud you for retaining that ability. At least your Grandchildren won't go hungry.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

# guerilla gardening is a skill to teach. ;) Maybe a walk down to the creek with your bucket reaps several pounds of produce growing in the wild.... take it home...eat it.... natural goodness..... Yum!!

M118LR likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Well I would look up stream 1st. Ya never know what your neighbors have been up too.

A case in point. I would never eat fish or produce out of Animas river after that EPA spill that they never cleaned up. And certainly no fish from the Pacific given the nuclear disaster in Japan.

I would eat food down stream from an confined animal facility as long as there was 4ft between the animal pen and the water. Why? Because I saw the studies in Oregon that showed that the water from feed pen is clean as long as you have a 4 ft perimeter of soil be teen the pens and the water. The soil apparently filters better than we thought

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    M118LR, Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I would chase you back to your fence line......... to make me breakfast.... :p

M118LR and Ganado like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

That all depends on whether the soil has a good percolation rate and how heavily it rains.... ;)

M118LR likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

It turns out even sand is ok after 4 ft. Weird I know but I saw all the tests. I would never have guessed that 4 ft was all you needed.

M118LR and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Interesting... I'd like to read that study... That would mean you could drop a well within a short distance from a stream and be relatively safe.

M118LR and Ganado like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i see you grasp the genius of this study, it disproved alot of the EPA's objections to winter feed lots along the Snake River. I'll see if i can find it and pm you the link.

M118LR and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7