Cool- Not

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Meat, Dec 28, 2016.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Put up a sign on the Property Line, that says.... "Big Dogs inside, and they WILL Bite. If you shoot my Dogs, I will Shoot YOU...". and let the Chief LEO, know you mean business....

3M-TA3, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^Best idea yet.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Shoot my dog at your peril no matter who the hell you are! Y freakin MMV

4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Thou shalt not enter my property without my permission...and if you kill my dogs, I WILL kill you.

I am not some creep that must have his door kicked in in the middle of the night. I am a United States citizen. If you have a problem or a warrant, come to the freakin door and knock.

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You live in a small isolated place so that would work in your area. They would think I was a nut if I called up or went to the department and said stuff like that. I think that falls under threatening a police officer. I think that would get me a vacation behind bars.

My dog is aggressive. He is a 13lb fierce ball of fluff that will bite your shoes if he does not like you. Quite protective because he places himself between us and strangers. I wonder if the officials would see him as a threat.

6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Yes they will see him as a threat. A couple years back they executed a warrant on one of my neighbors 5 miles to the East at 3AM rammed the door down, beat her senseless with batons and blew her rat terrier to to hamburger. And were at the wrong house, they wanted the Meth house a County road over with the same number. Last I heard she was still litigating a settlement for damages to her house, medical bills and the execution of her dog.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Part of my settlement would to be appointed as chief administrator.

Gator 45/70 and Homer Simpson like this.
  8. BTPost

The issue here is "Do you have a Personal Relationship with your local LEOs" Do they know you personally? In ALL of the cases sighted above the local LEOs didn't know the people who lived in those places, or that they had Dogs.... They got their Warrant and they blow the Doors down for their Search.... Do you think that if the Chief Deputy or Police Captain KNEW the People who lived their, PERSONALLY, that he would allow that warrant to be served they way it was? Out here we KNOW our State Trooper, Personally. He comes by once or twice a winter for lunch, and to get a Health & Welfare Visit checkmark on his Good Trooper Report. We know his Boss, Detachment Sargent, Personally as well... If they had an issue with anyone out here, one of the two would Call, and let us know, what was up... Folks out this way have WAY To Many GUNS, and they can See, and Hear, outsiders coming, from a Dang Long Way Off... Years ago the US Marshals came in to arrest a Prison Escapee from Oregon, who was living out here with a local family. They had the Trooper call, and confirm that they Dude was even around, first... Then they flew in at Daylight (5Am) in a FloatPlane. Four of them. Our local Trooper, His Boss, and two US Marshals. They went up to the cabin and Knocked on the Door. They arrested the Dude, still in his skivvies, and carted him off to the Float Plane Dock and back to town... He had a Shotgun in bed with him, but never woke up enough, to even try for it... No Muss, No Fuss, and Bad Guy, gone, in 1 hour... The Family were all very surprised that the Dude was an Escapee.. He had been with them for about 18 months, and what gave him away, was he used his OWN Social Security Number when he filled out his Employment Application at the Cannery, and after the first months Payroll was reported, That set off the RED Flag.... Asshat was doing 10Years for Child Molestation....

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Which is why mine has a human name. Peter. [afro]

10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Okay...I am confused. Does a LEO have legal authority to shoot your dog, on your property, in the course of trying to apprehend a criminal or conducting police business? For example, a guy robs a store, police give chase, he jumps the fence into your property trying to evade police but when police jump fence giving chase your dog attacks them.

I am betting that the Police have the legal authority to shoot your dog for any reason if it is acting in an aggressive manner towards them while they are conducting police business of any type.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. BTPost

They can, ONLY if the Court System, Says they can.... and the Seventh US Court of Appeals just ruled that they can in that jurisdiction... Other jurisdictions have NOT Ruled on that question, so in this places it is still up to the Courts, and SCOTUS has NOT Ruled on that question, as of yet....

12. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Yep, mine are Jack and Maxwell (Max).

Homer Simpson and Meat like this.
  13. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

These days cops are justified in shooting anything that scares them. Back in my Dad's day and my own, cops didn't seem to scare as easy as they do today...and no-knock breaches were rare, rather than SOP.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When will they be allowed to start shooting trick or treaters?

Meat, Thunder5Ranch and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My wife expects me to throw myself in between the Leo and the dog taking a slug or two to save the dogs life.
    I don't mind keeping the wife happy, But that's just me?

Meat and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The LEO in many places has no interest in knowing you personally in a whole lot of places. Introduced myself to a couple of the Counties leaving a local hash shack when I first moved down here..... Their response "Well aren't you special", and kept on walking. Learned later if you are not a member of the 14-15 important families you ain't worth spit in their eyes and get ZERO police protection. IE someone stole 30 of my weaned feeder pigs, called the police one shows up advises me it is a civil matter and if I find out who did it I should sue them. And if I was determined to file a police report, I could come to the office Monday afternoon and he might be able to write something up. That was with two guys on video one handing the pigs out and the other tossing them in cage on the back of a pick up. Hard to build a relationship when LEO views all but a few as something he would scrape off the bottom of his shoe. As far as State police go they do not lower themselves to even speaking to "The Ungulates". unless "We are sport Hunting them." (Speed traps)

Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  17. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

World of difference between the cops retiring out and the new ones coming in.

LOL do we have the same wife!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Must be sister's?

19. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I would like to think (and hope) that some of the difference between police of the past and current police is because the total number of police officers has increased. As such, the number of bad ones have dramatically increased so your chance of getting a narcissistic, arrogant, greater-than-thou cop whose interest in the job is only because of the authority it gives him/her greatly increases. Also, in the larger cities, police become tainted, feel threatened, feel that the people they protect don't understand them and/or an 'us and them' mentality develops and prevails. So, they do their job with as little human interaction with the populous as possible, not allowing real connection. They are curt and command. They speak. You do. This is where they problem lies for as citizens we expect to be treated as such. We're citizens not subjects.

I have only lived here in Northern Idaho for barely two years and have had little association with the police here but so far what I have had has been good. The Sherriff here was one of the biggest supporters of the 'Constitution Carry' law (open/conceal carry without permit/license) that was passed and went into effect last July. But, understand we have no gangbangers here, very little violent crime, no riots or crowds in the streets screaming "What do we want? DEAD COPS!" We did have a police officer shot and killed recently and the support from the people was enormous! People has taken to putting stickers of his badge number on their cars, stores, etc and the stickers are everywhere. ........Anyway, just my thoughts, my 2 cents.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7