Copyright - your homework.

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Mindgrinder, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

@kellory do you just want the final word? Is that it? Do you want to avoid an honest debate again? You speak down to others as though they are ten year old children. *perhaps I am also guilty of this* I have studied law extensively since the 1990's. Due to opsec, I will not share with you my private information, but suffice to say that all I am getting from you is a lot of ultimatums and basic, grade school level knowledge that everybody should already know --and you use this rudimentary information as though it is a rare diamond that only you have discovered. I say, enough please. If you want a debate, please stick to the topic instead of just trying to verbally spank everybody. That said, I hope we can move on...

You again confuse "the work of your hands" with "the work of your mind" and twist your own thoughts into equating a piece of property which is bought (the truck you mentioned). I did not create the truck (no work from my hands), but it is my property and you do NOT have a right to use it without permission. I think we can both agree with this point. However, I have a documentary I made and it is shared on the web --at what point does it become another's property? One person bought the documentary, then shared it with the world. The actual copy is still in his possession, and there is no other physical property to value, they have become 1's and 0's on the internet, copies of copies and redubs of redubs. Let's say I am not an individual who made a documentary, but a corporation and the same applies from above. As a corporation I lobby Washington and receive the hearing I requested and legislation is passed to protect corporations and control the web. My question to you is, do you trust your government? I must also ask, do you believe corporations should have the power they do?

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Brokor likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

4. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

Let's say I own Adobe and hire a team to design Photoshop, as a business owner I am desiging a product with the expectation of MAKING A PROFIT!! I have a building lease, payroll, utilities, taxes, and a lot of other expenses that need to be paid. All those 1's and 0's should be my property, I did not make shareware or freeware, but a program for PROFIT. Why is it a man's mind is the only thing you cannot steal from him, but his Idea's are fair game for theft.

kellory likes this.
  5. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

This topic was recently broached again over at TMM forums I finally disagree with Hans-Hermann Hoppe!

There are some links to some excellent writings there regarding IP. IP protection by government is the exact opposite of a free market. Talk about the perfect barrier to entry...they'll kill you to keep you out. Or at least bankrupt and cage you. Anybody interested in delving deeper into the topic may find some useful info there. Those that enjoy and/or profit by governments' monopoly on force...might not.

Byte

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7