Corporate Searches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by white ford, Feb 16, 2010.

1. white ford

white ford Monkey+

Starting in March, all personal locks on lockers will be replaced with company locks. Administration, maintenance and house keeping will have access using master keys.
    There are several people in each of those departments I wouldn't ask to hold my wallet but, they can look through it any time they want... and NO, the Nazis don't own this hospital.
    I'm a straight arrow and have nothin' to hide but, am I being too sensitive or should I be nervous.

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I'm thinking string to the door, then connected to one of those party popper things that throws out the confetti.....ahahahaaaaaaaa......

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I wouldn't call it oversensitive at all. I would say that there are too many people with keys. Maybe only one in HR's hands, but no more than that. In the meantime, nothing (not even a paperback for lunch reading) goes in there overnight but greens, and nothing during working hours but street clothes. Wallet and watch in pockets or satchel that stays in reach all day. I really cannot see why that policy exists, even if there is a history.

Why can't they get a warrant?

4. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

find a locker box that fits in the locker and locks with your lock. It's a nice way to tell them to go F themselves. I suppose a sticker on your box with a big FU would be too much?

does this place 14th Amendment much?

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

You should be nervous if you have anything to hide. ;)

Do you leave your wallet in the locker? Don't.

I bet it's a matter of someone's stealing something. You wouldn't believe how many thieves use company lockers to store stolen goods.

You certainly have the option of not using a company locker to store your stuff. It's no different than, say, a school locker. Their property, their locked box, their prerogative to have access.

6. white ford

white ford Monkey+

Lol, like that idea... wonder if the administrator has a sense of humor.

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

If they did that here in my office, I'd leave everything in my van - got plenty of 'hidey holes' for my personal things. All I need is the ID badge on my neck strap, and the van key in my pants pocket. I'd put a few fat dust bunnies in their locker, just for giggles....... [rofllmao]

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Administrators/board of directors did this once where I worked...
    Had to have keys to my desk!
    So, I came in after hours, and welded all the desks drawers shut!
    Yeah I was havin' a great time...
    They called the local PD, told me I was going to be arrested for destruction of company property, and would be sued...

I love it when a PLAN comes together!

I had moved their desk out into a storage locker, and replaced it with an old junk one I had laying around for years...full of mice poop!

It was even better when the cop was going to arrest me and I said "for what? It's MY desk"!

Their's is outside in storage!
    He forced them to open storage locker, AND under some duress I might add!

Seems that is EXACTLY where the boss' son kept his cache of drugs!
    (Who knew???)
    I left with a smile on my face and song in my heart!
    Doo dah! Doo dah! All the doo dah day!
    Life is good!
    But,....
    Revenge makes it sweeter!

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My office works for several of the major oil concerns that have strict rules against firearms and ammunition on the property, even a spent shell case in the bed of your truck could get you fired. They sometimes bring in drug and weapons dogs to search for contraband. With that said, I always have weapons, ammunition both in my vehicle and on my person. I can find another job, if needed, but I can't find another life.

10. white ford

white ford Monkey+

Agreed, lookin' for a replacement job now. If the farm had a longer history of producing, I'd live off what I have and sell the excess. (another year or two) Much rather be working for myself. Would I have to search my own locker then?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7