Correcting the Army's UCP Snafu

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Illini Warrior, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/di...al-camouflage/

Several years ago, the Army unveiled its new camouflage pattern: the Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP). It absolutely sucked.

Soldiers in Afghanistan were often afraid of wearing the stuff. It was such a stupid design. You lit up like a Christmas tree while you were outside. It doesn’t blend in with anything. Thankfully, the Army eventually realized its mistake here and went on to release a new design.

However, what ended up happening is that military surplus stores throughout the nation became flooded with UCP clothing, pouches, web gear, and the like that nobody wanted. Why buy something that may as well be bright orange? As such, military surplus stores practically give this stuff away. I’m going to show you how to make UCP into an actual usable design.

2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Just checked it out good deal and easy to do.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Try boiling a 2 lb can of coffee and use it with the grounds as a dye!

I'll do it later with some old stored coffee when the wind drops of with a propane burner outside and see how it works.

Winds are out of the north @ 15mph now.

4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

You could toss a couple of black walnuts into the water, or some Alabama (or wherever) Red Clay.

5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

After having to wear them in theater and literally fall apart after a few weeks of daily use, I will not use them if even you gave them to me for free. I had a brand new set that started to fall apart in the crouch area for wearing them on a four day op looking for Al Queda operatives during the summer surge of ‘07.
    There are still plenty of the older BDU’s and DCU’s that are just as cheap and will serve you better in the long run.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The OCPs wear a bit better.

7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Sounds like they were made in China

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7